Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juantia

LOOKING for: velveeta cheese recipe

juantia
15 years ago

I have a small block of velveeta cheese. I'm not a huge velveeta cheese lover. Can you all send me your favorite T&T recipe calling for velveeta cheese? I hope I can find one I like.

Comments (8)

• pat_t
    15 years ago

Here's mine:

CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER

3/4 lb. lean ground beef
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    3/4 cup shredded carrots
    3/4 cup chopped celery
    1 tsp. dried basil
    1 tsp. dried parsley
    6 cups chicken broth
    2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and diced
    3 Tblsp. butter or margarine
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    3/4 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
    3/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. pepper

Cook ground beef in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat about 3 minutes, stirring until meat crumbles. Add onion, carrots, celery, basil, and parsley and sauté 4 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Drain well. Return beef mixture to Dutch oven
    Stir in chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
    Melt 3 Tblsp. butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Gradually stir in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until flour is lightly browned. Whisk flour mixture into simmering beef mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until thickened.
    Whisk in cheese, salt, and pepper just until cheese melts. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Serve with a good crusty bread. Yield: 10 cups.

Adapted from a recipe in the December, 2004 issue of Southern Living magazine.

• ltcollins1949
    15 years ago

My Queso

1 package Velveeta
    1 pound hot sausage
    1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
    1 clove garlic, finely chopped
    1 can Rotel tomatoes

Brown sausage, onion and galic, drain off fat. Then add Velvetta and melt over low heat, then add the Rotel tomatoes.

Chili con Queso, Bacon

1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
    1 lb. (16 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
    4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cut up
    1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
    8 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled

COMBINE ingredients in microwaveable bowl.
    MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 3 min.

Chili con Queso, Bacon & Green Onion

1 lb. (16 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut up
    1/2 cup green onion slices
    1/2 cup OSCAR MAYER Bacon Pieces
    1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream

MIX VELVEETA, onions and bacon in large microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 5 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted, stirring after 3 min.
    STIR in sour cream.
    SERVE hot with assorted cut-up fresh vegetables or WHEAT THINS Crackers.

• woodie
    15 years ago

With big thanks to Marilyn and an old workmate, Jim.

Marilyn's Party Potatoes

6 medium potatoes (or frozen hash browns)
    2 cups sour cream
    1/2 pound grated Velveeta or any cheddar cheese
    salt and pepper to taste
    3 tablespoons milk
    1 teaspoon snipped chives
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 cup coarse bread crumbs
    2 tablespoons melted butter

Boil potatoes in salted water with skin on until tender; cool slightly, peel and cool completely. Grate potatoes coarse. Butter a casserole dish and mix potatoes with sour cream, cheese, salt, pepper, milk, chives and Worcestershire. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top of potatoes, drizzle with butter (or mix 1 cup corn flake crumbs with 2 tablespoons melted butter); bake 1 hour at 350°

NEW MEXICAN CHILE DIP
    from the kitchen of Jim Myers
    Makes about 3 quarts

2-3 pounds ground beef
    2 pounds Velveeta cheese cubed
    2 large onions, chopped
    1 - 28 ounce ounce can crushed tomatoes
    4 cloves garlic chopped
    2 - 4 ounce cans chopped green chiles
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    2 teaspoons cumin

Brown ground beef with the onions and drain. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20-30 minutes. Transfer to crock pot to keep warm. Use large corn chips for dippers.

Marilyn's Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup

1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 pound chicken breast (about 3 breast halves)
    1 medium onion; diced
    1 clove garlic; minced
    4 cups chicken broth
    1 cup instant corn masa mix
    3 cups cold water
    1 (10 oz. can enchilada sauce) mild or hot
    1/2 pound Velveeta cheese (Mexican or regular)
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    a handful chopped cilantro
    salt to taste
    3 Roma tomatoes; seeded and diced
    Place olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to hot oil in pot and brown for 5 minutes each side. Remove chicken and set aside.
    Add onions to soup pot along with a little more oil if necessary along with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cover pot and cook over low heat until onions are translucent; remove lid and stir in garlic until fragrant then add chicken broth. Place corn masa in a jar with a tight fitting lid along with the cold water; shake until masa is completely dissolved; add to soup pot. Stir in enchilada sauce, cheese (cut into cubes), chili powder and cumin. Cut chicken into small bite-size pieces and add to soup. Cook and stir over low-medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, 20 to 30 minutes. Stir in cilantro, taste and add salt to taste. Serve hot garnished with diced tomato and if desire, crumbled tortilla chips.
    *Recipe inspired by ChiliÂs Enchilada SoupÂthank you Donita.

• glenda_al
    15 years ago

Try it, you will like it!

VELVEETA FUDGE ****I always half the recipe

1 lb. butter
    1 lb. Velveeta cheese
    1 tbsp. vanilla
    1 c. cocoa
    4 lbs. powdered sugar
    1 c. nuts

This is great fudge - not too sweet and easy!
    Melt butter and cheese. Add other ingredients. Mix well. Pour in two 9x13 ungreased pans. Put in refrigerator

• BeverlyAL
    15 years ago

Ummm, Woodie, those Party Potatoes sound like their going to be my dinner.

Baked Chicken That Makes Its Own Gravy

4 chicken breasts halves (bone in, skin on only)
    ¼ cup flour
    ¼ cup melted butter
    2/3 cup evaporated milk
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    ¼ teaspoon garlic granules
    1-1/2 cups shredded Velveeta (I usually use 2 to 2-1/2 cups)
    ½ teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon white pepper
    ½ cup drained whole pearl onions
    ½ cup sliced mushrooms
    Dash paprika

Coat chicken with flour. Arrange chicken in a single layer in melted butter in a baking dish. Bake uncovered at 425 for 30 minutes. Turn chicken, bake until brown  15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 325. Pour off excess fat, leaving brown drippings. Combine milk, mushroom sour, cheese, salt and pepper. Add onions and mushrooms to chicken. Pour soup mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika and cover with foil. Return to the oven for 20 minutes. Serve over noodles. Serves 4.

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

What happened with the chicken & rice skillet recipe you were asking for? Was either recipe posted the one you wanted???

• juantia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone for the velveeta cheese recipes. I guess I'm going to have to break down and buy more velveeta so I can try ALL the recipes.
    As for the chicken& rice...It was good. Yes,it was much like the 15-Minute Chicken & Rice Dinner at the Cambells site.I used chicken breast and cooked it 45 min. Thanks to all who helped.
    I'm going to give the Smothered Chicken and Barley recipe a try. Looks like the reviews are outstanding. I'm just waiting for the "cold" weather to get here,Thursday.

• becky_ca
    15 years ago

My son's favorite soup is very similiar to the cheeseburger chowder recipe already posted, and we also like this soup.

Becky

* Exported from MasterCook *

Broccoli Cheese Soup

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 onion -- chopped
    1/2 cup butter
    1 package frozen chopped broccoli -- (16 ounce)
    4 cans chicken broth -- (14.5 ounce)
    1 pound Velveeta -- cubed
    2 cups half and half
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    2/3 cup cornstarch
    1/2 cup water

In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter until softened. Add minced garlic and cook and stir until frangrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth. Simmer until broccoli is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Reduce heat, and stir in cheese cubes until melted. Mix in half and half. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into water until dissolved. Mix into soup; cook and stir until thick.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Serving Ideas : Serve with croutons sprinkled over the top.

NOTES : Made 11-15-02 Used leftover broccoli - cooked peeled and chopped stems as directed, but added chopped florets at the end.