Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Vintage Nila wafer candy ball recipe

Posted by mangomoon (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 21, 07 at 19:32

This is a long shot, but here goes! I am trying to find the original recipe that I found on a Nila Vanilla wafers box, some 25 years ago. I cut it out of the cardboard box and placed it in my recipe box. I never found it again.

It went something like this. Crushed Nila wafers, down to a powder form. The recipe called for hard candy balls, like you buy in bulk. You would create a rolling dough from the wafers that you crushed, after you put the candy in the center, you rolled it into a ball, and if my memory serves me right, it the ball was rolled in those colored sprinkles.

I have tried online but can't recall what the recipe was actually called.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Vintage Nila wafer candy ball recipe

Do you mean Rum Balls

Brandy or Rum Balls

INGREDIENTS
1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brandy
1 (16 ounce) package vanilla wafers, crushed very fine
2 cups finely chopped walnuts
1 cup confectioners' sugar for rolling

DIRECTIONS
In the microwave or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt evaporated milk and chocolate chips, stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the crushed vanilla wafers and brandy until well blended. Roll the dough into small balls and roll the balls in chopped walnuts, then in confectioners' sugar. Store covered in the refrigerator.

There's a lot of recipes out there. Enjoy

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here