Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dixiedoll_gw

RECIPE: weight watcher recipes

dixiedoll
16 years ago

Would anyone be willing to offer some tried and true weight watcher recipes that a "hungry husband" (smile) would like? Due to doctor orders he must begin a sensible diet but he truly enjoys eating. So if anyone would be willing to help I'd greatly appreciate any guidance. My thanks, dixied

Comments (9)

• eileenlaunonen
    16 years ago

go to DWLZ.COM dotties weight loss zone is a complete weight watchers sight with a lot of recipes

• nanabelle
    16 years ago

I have a number of WW recipes that are tried and true. Could you give a specific type of dish. It would help.

Also, I have lots of WW cookbooks if there is a specific dish you would like to prepare. I would be happy to look one up for you. I don't get onto this forum everyday, so please don't be discouraged if I don't answer right away.

• eileenlaunonen
    16 years ago

a great treat is low fat chocolate graham cracker 2 filled with fat free cool whip sandwich together wrap in celophane put in freezer it makes a mock ice cream sandwich if I recall it was 2 points

• mamalou
    16 years ago

You can also go to the WW website for recipes. There is also a recipe exchange message board. I have gotten a few good ones from there too.

• murphy_zone7
    16 years ago

This is a really good WW recipe. My leader gave it to us several years ago and no matter who tries it, likes it.

CHICKEN SPAGHETTI

1 LB COOKED CHICKEN (I USE BONELESS SKINLESS BREASTS)
    1 LB PACKAGE UNCOOKED SPAGHETTI
    1 LB VELVEETA LIGHT CHEESE
    1 CAN ROTELS
    1 CAN FAT FREE CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
    ½ CUP MORE OR LESS CHOPPED ONION
    ½ CUP MORE OR LESS CHOPPED BELL PEPPER

COOK SPAGHETTI IN BOILING WATER PER PACKAGE DIRECTIONS. WHEN ALMOST DONE, DROP IN ONIONS AND BELL PEPPERS. DRAIN ACCORDING TO PACKAGE.

IN SAUCEPAN, MIX VELVEETA, ROTELS, AND MUSHROOM SOUP, HEAT OVER MEDIUM UNTIL CHEESE IS MELTED. STIR OFTEN OR IT WILL BURN AND STICK.

MIX SPAGHETTI, CHICKEN, AND CHEESE SOUP ROTEL MIXTURE TOGETHER, POUR INTO 13X9 CASSEROLE, COVER WITH FOIL AND HEAT AT 350 FOR ABOUT 15-20 MIN. UNTIL HEATED THROUGH.

ABOUT 4 POINTS PER SERVING

• mamalou
    16 years ago

Murphy, how many servings does it make for 4 pts?

I am always looking for a good ww recipe.

• murphy_zone7
    16 years ago

So sorry about that!! It makes 6 servings at 4 points each.
    Murphy

• mamalou
    16 years ago

Thanks Murphy! I cannot wait to try this!!

• patti43
    16 years ago

If he likes dessert, here are a couple. DH is on WW also. There are lots of web sites with good recipes--just google WW recipes. If you'd like more, I have them. I've made the Heath Bar Cake a couple of times. It tastes sinful.

Heavenly Heath Bar Cake
    Servings: 24

1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
    10 oz. Diet Cola
    1 egg white
    6 oz Fat-Free Caramel ice cream topping
    7 oz Reduced-Fat or Fat-Free condensed milk
    1 cup Heath Bar bits (found by the chocolate chips)
    1 container Fat-Free Cool Whip

Mix cake mix, egg white and diet soda. Bake as directed in a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. During the last few minutes of baking, put caramel and condensed milk in a sauce pan and stir on medium-low heat until smooth. Take cake out of oven, and using a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the top. Pour caramel mixture over warm cake, filling in the holes. Sprinkle Heath bits over the top, reserving some for the top. Cool completely. Cover with container of Fat-Free Cool Whip and sprinkle with remaining Heath bits. Put in fridge until ready to serve.

Cherry Surprise Cake

Serving Size : 20

4 cups miniature marshmallows
    1 package yellow cake mix -- (18 1/4-oz)
    1 can light cherry pie filling -- (21 oz)
    10 ounces diet sprite (could substitute club soda)
    2 egg whites

Heat oven to 350. Coat a 9x13" baking pan with cooking spray. Spread marshmallows evenly over bottom. Prepare cake using diet sprite and the egg whites . Pour batter over marshmallows. Spoon cherries evenly over batter. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Here's what happens as it bakes: The cherries sink to the bottom and the marshmallows rise to the top and form a thin topping that will brown and be bubbly. To check for doneness: Insert toothpick in center of cake; when toothpick comes out clean, the cake's done.
    Would be good with lemon cake mix and blueberry pie filling, too. Or spice cake mix with apple pie filling. Make sure the filling is lightÂnot regular.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 138 Calories; 3g Fat (19.5% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 179mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor