Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janisoga_gw

LOOKING for: Baked Appetizer from 1980s

janisoga
13 years ago

Not to sound spaced out, but I have been trying to find an appetizer that was made with a "dry packet of MAYBE an onion soup mixture" - beaten eggs, maybe bread cubes, maybe cheese. You would roll them into balls and bake them. VERY easy and very good. Sound familiar to anyone? Thanks for any suggestions. Jan

Comments (3)

• annainpa
    13 years ago

Hello, janisoga,

I like to think that with my big collection of cookbooks, that I can find many recipes--but I have, quite flatly, struck out on this one. It's not in balls--and I guess it's more of a dip, but this is the closest I could find to what you are inquiring about (and it's from the internet, not my cookbooks:

Here is a link that might be useful: Appetizer with soup mix and bread and cheese

• party_music50
    13 years ago

The onion soup mix didn't click, but are you thinking of something like these spinach balls? They're made with stuffing mix and cheese. Not sure if this is the same recipe my family used, but it's close:
    http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/spinach-balls/Detail.aspx

My family used to make them all the time many years ago and they've had a revival recently. I also saw them served at a party recently with a mustard sauce for dipping and they were a huge hit!

• CA Kate z9
    13 years ago

Try googling "Bake cheese balls". there were too many hits to sort.

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors