Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Does anyone know how CrackerBarrel makes their..

Posted by catlady15 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 11, 09 at 17:03

HashBrown casserole?You can eat it for breakfast or other meals.Last nite my cousin called and asked me had I ever tried it.I told her no,I hardly ever eat there.She was having to cook breakfast for some friends and wanted to make that.I looked it up on the computer and Typed in Cracker Barrel Hashbrown casserole and it came up alot of them,all being differnt in some ways.My cousin did ask them and they said they could not give the recipe out and I can understand that.I thought I would post the question here.Thanks for your time.I post mainly at KT but I thought I post the qustion here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Does anyone know how CrackerBarrel makes their.

Here'sw hat I have
2 lbs frozen hash browns
Can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup melted butter
1 pint of sour cream
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups grated chedder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Defrost potatoes and mix all together
Put into a 3 qt casserole
Melt 1/4 cup butter and mix with 2 cups crushed corn flakes and sprinkle on top.
cover and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.

o

Cream of soup, Linda? LOLOL I think that recipe is the same or very close to this one from Recipezaar but read the reviews for some extra tips.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hash Brown Casserole Recipezaar

o

Here are 3 recipes for Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casseroles. I don't know which one is the best, but you try to see which you like.

o

I didn't say I have ever made it!! LOL!
Someone sent me a pdf file of all sorts of copycat recipes...
I always think I can cook better than any fast food restaurant...so I was going to delete it...but haven't yet.
If anyone would like me to forward the file....email me and I'll forward it to you.
Linda C

o

I've had it the way Linda C's recipe states except way back when you could get Cream of Onion soup.
I had it at an open house and DD and DH loved it....I have never made it. Not healthy enough for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here