Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: great cookie made with cashews

Posted by eileenlaunonen (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 12, 07 at 16:44

Got a great deal on cashew today so I bought 2 pounds looking for a great T&T cookie as I dont usually make cookies with cashews...tia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: great cookie made with cashews

CASHEW CREAM COOKIES (about 4 dozen)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 eg
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups sifted flour (sift then measure)
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup sour cream
1 1/3 cups salted whole cashews, chopped

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter
3 TBL half & half
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 cup sifted powdered sugar
Additional whole cashews, optional

Heat oven to 375. Grease cookie sheets or line w/parchment. Cream butter & sugar until light & fluffy. Beat in egg & vanilla. Add dry ingredients alternately w/sour cream. Mix well. Carefuly fold in nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.~~

To make frosting: cook butter until bubbly & lightly browned. Remove from heat. Add cream & vanilla. Stir in sugar. Beat until smooth & thick enough to spread. Frost cooled cookies. Top each with a cashew, if desired.~~Fare to Remember

o

Thanks Ginger these look good!

o

How about these?

CASHEW BUTTERSCOTCH BARS

1 cup (2 sticks) plus 5-1/2 Tblsp. unsalted butter, softened & divided
3/4 cup plus 2 Tblsp. packed light brown sugar
1-3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
10 oz. butterscotch chips (preferably Hershey's)
1/2 cup plus 2 Tblsp. light corn syrup
2-1/2 cups salted cashew pieces

Center a rack in the oven; preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter a 13-by-18-inch jellyroll pan, including sides.

To prepare the crust: In a mixer with a paddle or in a bowl with a rubber spatula, beat 1 cup plus 2 Tblsp. butter and brown sugar together until smooth. Stir salt into flour, and then add flour to butter mixture. Mix until dough is well combined but still crumbly; if dough is mixed until a ball forms, crust will be tough.

Pat dough evenly along bottom of buttered pan, taking care not to pack dough down. Bake 5 minutes. With a fork, prick dough deeply all over. Return pan to oven; bake until dough is lightly browned, dry and no longer soft to the touch, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack; do not turn off the oven.

To prepare butterscotch topping: In a large saucepan, combine remaining 3-1/2 Tblsp. butter, butterscotch chips, corn syrup and 1 Tblsp. plus 2-1/2 tsp. water.

Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter and butterscotch chips are melted, about 5 minutes. Pour topping over crust, using a spatula to spread evenly all the way to the corners.

Sprinkle cashew pieces on top, pressing down lightly.

Bake until topping is bubbly and cashews are lightly browned, 11 to 13 minutes.

Transfer to a rack; let cool completely before cutting into 2-by-3-inch bars.

Yield: 36 bars.

o

my FAVORITE variety of nuts! both those recipes look fabulous! ginger--i'll bet that cookie recipe would be good even without the frosting--have you tried them that way? hmmm...wonder who i can talk into doing some baking for me...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here