Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Pumpkin Pancakes

Posted by carmellia (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 07 at 15:40

I've got a freezer full this year and need some varied uses for pumpkin. Just made some pumpkin fudge, and I love it.

Do any of you have a pumpkin pancake recipe? Thanks.

Swimming in pumpkin, Carmellia.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Pumpkin Pancakes

I only made these once a long time ago but they were very good. It calls for canned:
PUMPKIN PUFF PANCAKES (serves 4)
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2 large eggs
2 TBL butter, melted
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup unflavored yogurt
2 TBL sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
Warmed maple syrup

In a small bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & nutmeg together. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs & melted butter. Add the pumpkin, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice & vanilla. Blend in the dyr ingredients & mix gently until just evenly moistened (some lumps OK.) Drop by heaping tablespoonful into a hot greased griddle. When firm & lightly browned, flip & cook other side. Serve immediately w/warmed syrup.~~Simply Classic

o

These are delicious.

SPICED PUMPKIN PANCAKES

1 CUPS OF FLOUR
3 TABLESPOONS OF SUGAR
2 TEASPOONGS BAKING POWDER
1 TEASPOONS PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
TEASPOON SALT
1 1/3 CUPS WHOLE MILK
CUP CANNED PUMPKIN
4 LARGE EGGS, SEPARATED YOLKS AND WHITES
CUP (I/2 STICK) UNSALTED BUTTER, MELTED
1 TEASPOON VANILLA

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar pie spice and salt.

Separate the eggs (whites in one large bowl and yolks into a medium bowl). Whisk together the wet ingredients: pumpkin, yolks, melted butter, milk and vanilla.

Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.

Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until well mixed. Fold whipped egg whites into batter in two additions.

Brush large griddle with butter and heat over medium heat. Working in batches, pour batter by rounded 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle.

Cook until bubbles form on the surface and bottoms are brown 9about 1 minutes). Flip over and continue to cook until pancakes are cooked through.

o

I just came across this pumpkin pancake recipe. I listen to this gal and she has a great radio show and all the recipes I've made of hers are fabulous. If you can't see the link,,go to melindalee.com and click under breakfast food etc. and you'll see it on the 1st or 2nd page.

http://www.melindalee.com/recipearchive.html?action=124&item_id=211

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here