Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelaid

LOOKING for: T&T Spaghetti Pie

angelaid
15 years ago

Boss used to just rave about an old girlfriend's spaghetti pie. I've never even heard of it. I'm making spaghetti sauce this weekend and want to surprise him with one.

Help?

Comments (7)

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    15 years ago

The basic idea is you use cooked spaghetti as the "crust" for the pie. I've always mixed the cooked spaghetti with a combination of ricotta and parm cheeses mixed with one or two eggs, maybe a bit of fresh chopped parsley and pepper (like what you would use making lasagna). This gets put into a buttered, deep pie plate, and patted up the sides to form the crust. Then fill it with a thick, meaty tomato sauce - bake at 350 for about half an hour, then top with shredded mozzarella and bake longer until the cheese melts.

...let stand a bit and then cut into wedges to serve - a little extra sauce on the side if available...

Anyway, that's the concept. For one pie plate you'd probably use maybe 1/2 box of spaghetti, a cup of ricotta, half cup or more of parm cheese and a couple of eggs...then as much sauce as you have room for.

seagrass

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

SPAGHETTI PIE (serves 6)
    16 oz spaghetti
    2 TBL butter
    1/3 cup grated Parmesan
    2 eggs, well beaten
    1 lb ground beef or ground pork sausage (I use beef)
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
    14 oz can tomatoes, diced
    6 oz can tomato paste
    1 tsp sugar
    1 tsp dried oregano, crushed (I use more)
    1/2 tsp garlic salt
    8 oz container cottage cheese, (small curd)
    1/2 cup Mozzarella, shredded

Cook the spaghetti per pkg directions; drain. You should have about 3 1/4 cup pasta. Stir butter into hot spaghetti. Stir in Parmesan & eggs. Form spaghetti mixture into a "crust" in a 10" buttered pie plate. In skillet, cook ground beef, onion & green pepper until vegetables are tender & meat is browned. Drain off excess fat. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, oregano & garlic salt. (You can also substitute garlic powder w/minced garlic but add it when cooking the meat.) Heat through.
    Spread cottage cheese over bottom of spaghetti crust. Top w/tomato mixture. Bake, uncovered in a preheated 350° oven for 20 minutes. sprinkle the Mozzarella on top. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.~~Kitchen Miracles

• angelaid
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This place is awesome. Thank you both!

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

You're welcome!

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    15 years ago

Let us know how it turns out!!

• angelaid
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'll try to remember to take pictures! Every time I look at the what's for dinner thread at the Cooking forum, I think I'm gonna do that, but I never think about it when I'm making dinner. Too busy anticipating shoveling the food in my mouth, I guess. LOL

• trixietx
    15 years ago

That is a good recipe. I haven't made it in years, but I'm going to make two to take to the field. Thanks for the reminder.