Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Need some recipe ideas for multiple eggplant

Posted by rjinga (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 14, 09 at 14:59

I searched "eggplant" and came up with lots of good recipes, my problem is that I always have 4 to 6 eggplant at a time from my garden but all the recipes call for ONE maybe 2 at a time.

Is there any thing that can be made up in bulk and stored or preserved some how?

Open to any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Need some recipe ideas for multiple eggplant

Ratatouille?

o

Or search NEW ORLEANS EGGPLANT DRESSING ---uses 5 eggplant, dressing goes well with holiday meal/ turkey etc

SHRIMP AND EGGPLANT DRESSING
uses 6 eggplant

http://www.nolacuisine.com/2008/07/06/shrimp-and-eggplant-dressing-recipe/

o

I make Eggplant Rollatini and freeze it in portions that we can eat for dinner. It freezes great.

You could also do Eggplant parmesean or vegetable lasagna wbich freezes well.

Dawn

o

this isn't bulk, but thought you may be interested in a famous mississippi coast recipe....eggplant josephine. my aunt used to work at white pillars and the recipe was such a huge secret. but somehow it got out and i found it here tonight at the link below.
check it out.....

Here is a link that might be useful: white pillars recipe for Eggplant Josephine

o

copanata! sp?

o

Pickled Eggplant with Brown Vinegar, Onions & Peppers

Salt 4 or 5 eggplants -- cut into cubes.
3 large onions
2 large green peppers -- or 1 green and 1 red
1/4 cup salt
2 1/2 cups brown vinegar (apple cider vinegar)
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon mustard seed
teaspoon tumeric
1/4 tablespoon cloves

Put cubed eggplants into a colander and sprinkle generously with salt. Place a heavy plate that is large enough to cover the eggplant and weigh down so that the eggplant is compressed. Let stand for about 3 hours, drain well.

Thinly slice onions and peppers.

Combine vinegar, sugar and spices and bring to a boil. Add the above vegetables and heat thoroughly, but do not boil. Pack into hot, sterile jars. Cover with syrup and seal.

Cucumbers can be used in place of eggplant. 12 to 15 cucumbers.

Source: This recipe is just as it was given to me by a very good friend's Italian mother. I have made it and it is a tasty condiment for sandwiches.

o

i slice mine into 1/2 inch rings, flour, egg and bread them. place them on a greased baking sheet, dab each with oil and bake. i then freeze them on a pan and put them while still frozen in Food Saver bags, if my husband doesn't eat them all before i get to them!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here