Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Fresh spinach dishes

Posted by linnea56 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 11, 11 at 14:57

I bought a big bag of fresh spinach. What can I do with it? I'm thinking mostly cooked dishes, because this is too much for salad, and my husband doesn't eat salad anyway.

To start with, I'm having salmon for dinner tonight. Any ideas for how to use spinach with it? THanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Fresh spinach dishes

I love "woked spinach"...
I put about 2 or 3 tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom of my wok, add perhaps 2 cloves of garlic and keep warm....not cooking but just warm for a few minutes while you wash the spinach.
Wash and remove the big coarse stems of the spinach....pat as dry as you can with a paper towel, heat up the oil with the garlic, don't burn the garlic....and dump the spinach into the pan and cook turning constantly until slightly wilted....about 1 minute.
Plate it up and squeeze some lemon over each serving and top with fresh grated parm cheese.
Or...put a couple of table spoons in the oil, and heat until the seeds are toasted, add spinach and toss, adding salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon when just wilted.
Or make a lasagna and have one layer be spinach.

o

Chop a fresh apple (leave the peel on - I like Jonagolds or Gala for this), saute in olive oil (I use a non-stick pan and probably a tablespoon or a bit more of EVOO) with some raisins until the apple is a bit softened and the raisins plump. Add washed spinach with a bit of water still on the leaves. Saute until wilted. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts. Salt and pepper to taste.

seagrass

o

I saute fresh garlic and chopped hazelnuts in a few tablespoons of olive oil. Pour over the spinach while hot and toss well. Sprinkle on some balsamic or sherry vinegar, salt, pepper and toss again. Serve immediately, but it's still good the next day, just a bit wiltier.

o

How about saag paneer? A few other ideas below...

Here is a link that might be useful: Spinach recipes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here