Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Swiss Chard Potato Bake Recipe

Posted by spiritual_gardner (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 15, 06 at 12:09

This recipe can have any type of cooked meat added to it. It is also fine without. It is very simple and a one dish meal!

Swiss Chard and Potato Bake

INGREDIENTS

1 1/4 cup olive oil
1 medium onion
5 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
8 cups Swiss chard, washed and chopped
cup grated cheese
8 whole eggs

DIRECTIONS

Saute onion in two tablespoons olive oil until amber-color. Add garlic and parsley and saute briefly. Remove pan from heat and set aside.

In a separate bowl, mix Swiss chard and red potatoes. Add saute mixture when it has cooled. In another bowl, whisk eight whole eggs and add to the Swiss chard. Add one cup olive oil and grated cheese. Mix well.

Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick baking spray or brush with olive oil. Pour chard mixture into pan, spreading evenly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for about 90 minutes. If mixture gets too brown, loosely lay a piece of foil on it.

Enjoy!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Swiss Chard Potato Bake Recipe

Thanks for the recipe, it sounds good - does it have the texture of a quiche?

How many potatoes do yo use?

o

Is that really 1 and 1/4 cup olive oil?

o

Bumping up for Clarification, Please!

o

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I have had a very busy time since I posted this recipe. I will attempt to answer your questions. Sorry for the mistakes.

The recipe is sort of like quiche, without the crust.

Yes, there really is 1/14 cup olive oil. I know it sounds like a lot (guess it is) but it's healthy! It also makes the dish very moist.

Finally. There are about 6-8 small red sliced red potato's in the dish.

Sorry again,

SG

o

Thanks, I'm anxious to try this recipe.

o

Has anyone here tried this one yet??? Maureen who has 3 bunches of chard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here