Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Parmesan Crusted Chicken

Posted by jackiwolfe (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 07 at 11:15

This recipe is awesome! We've had it on top of salad and by itself, and it's good either way. I've been making it for dinner, then saving the extra and having it cold on my lunch salad the next day.

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

4 (small) pieces of boneless, skinless chicken
1/4 C whole wheat flour
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 C butter
1/4 C milk
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter in oven in pan (I used an 8x8 baking pan). While butter is melting, mix all other ingredients except milk and chicken.
When butter is melted, dip chicken first in milk, then coat generously in flour mixture, then dip in butter. Place chicken in pan to be baked. Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken.
Bake at 400 degrees. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken. Check it after about 15 minutes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Parmesan Crusted Chicken

This sounds good - how big are your chicken pieces? I've made a variation with seasoned Italian breadcrumbs mixed with Parmesan, but have always used the whole (half) breasts.

Becky

o
RE: RECIPE: Parmesan Crusted Chicken

I use chicken tenderloins - large chicken finger-sized? I liked this recipe because it uses whole wheat flour. I also find I can use less butter than the recipe calls for. One time I tried EVOO instead of butter, but it didn't turn out as well. Maybe I could try a little butter with some EVOO, too?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here