Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Chicken Nachos and White Mexican Dipping Cheese

Posted by babblingbetty (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 07 at 11:02

I really would like to prepare this for family...it's always a favorite when we go out for Mexican, but they always want me to make it at home too. I've tried it several times without much success, please share your recipes!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Chicken Nachos and White Mexican Dipping Cheese

Well, I don't know about the white dipping cheese, but here are a couple of recipes to get you started - both enjoyed by my family.

For a simple nacho cheese sauce, mix 1 pound of cubed Velveeta with a can of diced Rotel tomatoes. Microwave until the cheese is melted, stirring every minute or so.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chicken Taco Filling

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 package taco seasoning mix (4 Tablespoons)
1 cup chicken broth
1 pound boned and skinned chicken breast halves

Dissolve taco seasoning into chicken broth. Place chicken breasts in crockpot and pour chicken broth over. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

With two forks, shred the chicken meat into bite-sized pieces. Use in soft tacos, hard tacos, burritos, nachos, etc.

To Freeze, place shredded meat into freezer bags with the juices. Press out all the air and seal.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

o

Is the dipping sauce Queso Blanco? Check the recipe below & there's a link to another similar one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Queso Blanco

o

Mexican queso dip is sooo easy!!
1 lb. of Land o' Lakes WHITE american cheese, cubed into 1" chunks
1/8 c. milk
chopped jalepenos to your taste
Mix milk and cheese and peppers in sauce pan on low heat. Stir frequently as you can imagine what happens if this burns to the bottom of your pan!!
Enjoy with corn chips!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here