Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmitoagain

RECIPE: Easy Egg Roll Recipe

msmitoagain
15 years ago

I've made these several times and my DH loves them. Hope you don't mind going thru my blog to view the recipe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Easy Egg Rolls

Comments (7)

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

Thanks for this recipe! I might just have to make these soon - with the addition of a few seasonings to make the taste more authentic. I love easy recipes like this!
    Teresa

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

Wish I had one right now!

• nancy_jean
    15 years ago

wow what an easy recipe- making it today!!!! TY Ms

• BeverlyAL
    15 years ago

Hmmm, I've never made eggrolls before, but I might give these a try. Why do they call them eggrolls? I really like your blog Msmito! I totally relate to the Huey P. Long Bridge. Someone got me on it one time and I've never returned to New Orleans again for fear of accidently getting on that thing. It is waaaay to narrow and the train was on it at the same time we were. That's the second scariest bridge I've ever been on, the first being the Rosevelt Dam which I think was one way. Sorry to get off on another subject.

Beverly

• blizlady
    15 years ago

Thank you for the recipe! We love egg rolls and I never thought about using the cabbage mix as a short cut. I will try this with shrimp - our favorite.

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

I made these tonight and they turned out great! I used 1 lb. of Jimmy Dean sausage and 1 bag of the broccoli slaw mix as it looked more appealing than the coleslaw mix at my store. I added one small thin sliced onion to the pan when cooking the slaw mix with the meat. When everything was cooked, I mixed 2 TB soy sauce with 2 TB water, stirred in 1 TB cornstarch until smooth and added that to the hot mixture and stirred until it had thickened. Then I let the meat/veg mixture cool a little before I made the egg rolls.

Remember, everything in the egg roll is completely cooked, so you just need to fry them up to crisp and brown the egg roll wrapper.

I followed the suggestion of a yahoo group member and drained the fried egg rolls standing up in a deep bowl lined with paper towels. This worked great!

I think you could make these with ground beef, ground turkey or shrimp as blizlady suggested.

Thanks for this easy recipe!

• msmitoagain
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everybody. Just now looking at the reponses. I don't have a computer at home by choice. I work on one 8 hours a day and that's enough for me.

beverlyal - I'm glad you like my blog. Glad to know I'm not the only one terrified of a bridge.

teresa_nc7 - I just bought a bag of the brocoli slaw too. I think I will try them with that. Thanks for the add'l. ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: MY BLOG