Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Hot Ham Sandwhich

Posted by sally_hosta_grower (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 16, 07 at 9:51

Hi Everyone,
I just found this forum and I'm already hooked. I'm looking for a recipe for a hot ham sandwich made in the oven that as cheese on it, made on some kind of french bread. I've had it from a church gathering and it was fabulous. I'd appreciate any help.Thanks, Sally

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Hot Ham Sandwhich

I sure don't know what specific sandwich you are talking about, but have split a loaf of French bread, spread it with Dijonaise...think Kraft makes it, and piled on the ham and slices of American cheese, wrapped it in foil and put into a 300 oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
Linda C

o

These are wonderful and beloved by everyone in the South that I know - LOL! Usually made with the Pepperidge Farm party rolls.

Ham Delights

1 cup butter
3 Tablespoons mustard
1 med. onion, finely minced
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3 Tablespoons poppy seeds
3 pkgs. party rolls, split
1 pound thinly sliced Deli ham
3/4 pound Swiss cheese, thinly sliced

Combine butter, mustard, onion, Worcestershire sauce and poppy seed. Spread both sides of party rolls with this creamed mixture. Place ham and cheese divided evenly over bottom halves of rolls. Cover with tops of rolls (you can leave them in the foil pans that the rolls come in). Wrap well in foil.

Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Cut into individual rolls to serve.

Yield: 60 servings.

Source: Razzle Dazzle Recipes

o

I've had the ones Teresa posted made with those Hawaiian rolls that come in an aluminum pan. Really good.

o

Oh Teresa, Thank you so much, you can't believe how long I've been trying to find this recipe. I didn't even know this forum existed until I stumbled onto it today while looking at the hosta forum.
Lindac....and Teresa....are you the same Lindac & Teresa from the hosta forum? This is too funny....recipies....my second addiction.

o

Glad you think the recipe will do, Sally, and no, I don't frequent the hosta forum.....too busy cooking and sewing. :o)

BTW, we never make that recipe with French bread....always with small party rolls.
Teresa

o

I've had it with the party rolls and I'm sure it would be just as good on other kinds of rolls. Delish!

Beverly

o

Yep...I'm a "hostaholic!!"
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here