Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup

Posted by BeverlyAL (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 20, 05 at 7:41

Seeing Nancy's good looking Hamburger Soup post reminded me of the one I've been making and having for breakfast lately. It's soooo good.

Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe (Clone)

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 to 3/4 lb chicken breast filets
1/2 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic -- pressed
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup masa harina
3 cups water
1 cup enchilada sauce
16 ounces Velveeta
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin

garnish
shredded cheddar cheese
crumbled corn tortilla chips
pico de gallo

1. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken breasts to pot and brown for 4-5 minutes per side. Set chicken aside.

2. Add onions and garlic to pot and saut over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until onions begin to become translucent. Add chicken broth.

3. Combine masa harina with 2 cups of water in a medium bowl and whisk until blended. Add masa mixture to pot with onions, garlic and broth.

4. Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.

5. Shred the chicken into small, bite-size pieces and add it to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.

6. Serve soup in cups or bowls, and garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled corn tortilla chips, and pico de gallo.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup

Now Beverly, that is my idea of breakfast! Sounds good.

o

wow Beverly, that sounds really good! I can't believe you can eat that for breakfast! You are a spicy thing aren't you!

Marilyn

o

Actually I sometimes add a little more cumin. I have to be creative with what I eat in the mornings since I can no longer stomach "breakfast" food.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here