Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Apple Crisp Recipe

Posted by Renkosiewicz (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 12 at 1:41

Does anyone have a rally exceptional recipe for apple crisp that uses golden delicious apples? Thanks! Barb.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Apple Crisp Recipe

I never use golden delicious unless they are really fresh....they keep so well so long but do get mealy....even while still looking good, that I am wary of them. But if you know your apples are good and juicy this should work well.

Ingredients:

6 Cups apples cut into 1/4 - 1/2 inch pieces
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of dried fruit....either golden raisins, or chopped dried apricots or dried cranberries or cherries. I like cherries and golden raisins best.

Topping:

3/4 cup flour
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 stick butter
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon.
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Procedure:

Cut apples (peeled) into 1/4 - 1/2 inch pieces. Cover with 3/4 cup sugar and let stand 1 hour
Beat eggs and vanilla and add to rhubarb

toss the dried fruit with the flour and mix with apples and eggs. Dump into a buttered dish. 8 1/2 by 11

Make topping:

Mix flour, butter, ground cinnamon. Process in food processor as pastry dough. or in a bowl with a pastry blender Pour into a bowl and mix with oatmeal nuts and brown sugar. Crumble together. Put on top of fruit.

Bake in preheated oven at 375 deg F for 45 to 60 minutes (until top is crisp and apples are tender)
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

o

Basic Apple Crisp

5-6 apples, peeled & sliced (I like Gala)
1-1/2 tsps cinnamon
Half cup water

Topping:
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 stick unsalted butter, diced

Fill an 8 x 8 baking dish with sliced apples. Sprinkle cinnamon over apples. Pour water over all.
Work together the sugar, flour and butter until crumbly. Spread over apples. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

You can add a bit of fresh lemon juice to the apples if desired. I now add some crumbled almond slices to the topping to make it interesting.

o

Lindac... Used your recipe this weekend. We used dried blueberries. It is great! Will definitely be using this one again.

o

Glad you liked it...I find that the egg in there keeps it "neater"...the filling is a little thicker and it makes neater servings.
Never done blueberries......and I have some....maybe I better make an apple crisp.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here