Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: 'Sugar Lump Loaf'

Posted by genz2000 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 28, 07 at 0:48

This is an old Pillsbury recipe.
Thanks to all or anyone who helps me to find this recipe.
genz.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: 'Sugar Lump Loaf'

There's a Dutch Sugar Lump Loaf recipe in this 1972 newspaper article.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dutch Sugar Lump Loaf

o

Thank You, ginger_st_thomas. Might be it, but i can not open it......

o
Is this it?

SUGAR LUMP CINNAMON BREAD

1 cup milk
cup margarine
cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 packages yeast
1/3 cup warm water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 egg
5 to 6 cups flour

Combine milk, and margarine and heat to scalding. Add sugar and salt and cool to lukewarm. Soften yeast in 1/3 cup warm water. Add vanilla and egg to milk mixture. Add softened yeast. Add flour gradually as needed. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Let rise until double. Punch down and divide in half. Roll each half to 12 by 15 inch rectangle. Mix cup soft margarine or butter, 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 50 sugar cubes. Mix together. Use half on each rectangle, spreading as evenly as possible. Roll up and pinch edges to seal. Place in greased bread pan and let rise until double for 30 to 35 minutes. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 375.

It's from an interesting website called Open Line which apparently is a radio cooking call-in show in Iowa, going back many years. This recipe is from their 1971 Bulletin.

To read the link posted above from Ginger, you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't have it you can download it free from this site.

o

I was able to pull up the link, and tried to C&P but it didn't work real good, it didn't come out as a single column but rather as a jumble of all the columns on the page. Someone would need to read and type the recipe off the site.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here