Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Artichoke Cheese Oven Omelet

Posted by annova914 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 7, 09 at 23:40

I've never been an omelet person but because this one is baked, I decided to give it a try. It's delicious. I did add some garlic powder and a bit of Seasonal to the eggs along with freshly ground black pepper. It's a great way to use up packages of shredded cheese too. Ann

ARTICHOKE CHEESE OVEN OMELET

3/4 cup salsa
1 can (14 oz) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained & chopped
1 cup (4 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
Chopped fresh tomatoes, sliced ripe olives & minced chives, optional

Spread salsa in a greased 9" deep dish pie plate. Top with the artichoke hearts & cheeses. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs & sour cream. Pour over the cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with tomatoes, olives and chives if desired. Serves 6 to 8.

Taste of Home

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Artichoke Cheese Oven Omelet

This is when I would love to have one of those double ovens with the very small oven as part of it. I hate heating the oven for small things & this looks so good.

o

This looks really good - I'm always on the lookout for new easy breakfast recipes. Thanks for sharing :-)

Becky

o

Hey Ginger...put some tomatoes in at the same time...the kind that you put Italian dressing on, then add some seasoned breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese and let them bake along with the omelet. They're great reheated (in a counter top oven :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here