Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: cold artichoke dip

Posted by lazybones (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 07 at 22:15

I am NOT looking for the usual artichoke dip with cream cheese.

Rather, there was a recipe for a cold arichoke dip that was on the Pepperidge Farm box of Water Crackers many years ago. The crackers are packaged differently now, and I contacted the Pepperidge Farm, but they do not have the recipe in their archives.

Does anyone have this recipe? It was cold creamy dip with canned artichoke hearts, sour cream/mayo, worcestershire sauce, and I cannot remember what else.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: cold artichoke dip

I have one that sounds similar but it has dry ranch dip mix and crabmeat too. Think that could be it?

o

I've been looking for a similar recipe for years and tracked down the former owner of Ravena's restaurant in Durham, NC, who made it but he couldn't remember the recipe. He thought it had "canned, marinated artichoke hearts, garlic, sour cream, spinach, salt and pepper" (it was pureed). One of these days I need to experiment I guess because I don't think I'm going to find this recipe. It was served with carrot and celery strips, broccoli, and I think a few pita wedges. It was an appetizer but I would order it as an entree because I wanted it all for myself!! Ann

o

A few years late................
from Pepperidge Farms
one can 14 1/2 oz artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 c mayo
4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled. cooke extra for garnish
1 T mincedonion
1 T lemon juice
dash worcestershire sauce

Mix all and chill. crumble extra bacon on top.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here