Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Strawberry Fried Pies

Posted by jude31 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 10, 08 at 21:00

Does anyone have a recipe for strawberry fried pies? My husband would be very pleased if I could make them for him.

Thanks,
Jude

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Strawberry Fried Pies

There was a really good thread on fried pies with a crust recipe on the Dessert Exchange. The crust is the difficult part. Check below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fried Pies

o
RE: LOOKING for: Filling Strawberry Fried Pies

I'd use Lois' recipe for the crust in the previous link & this basic strawberry filling.

Here is a link that might be useful: Strawberry fried pie

o

Man, you people are making me want to plant even more stuff than I already have, remodel the kitchen, buy a treadmill, and buy more kitchen appliances and tools. I get hungry every time I visit this forum.

o

I make alot of fried pies. We are farmers and I take lunch to the field during harvest. I make them up and freeze, uncooked and fry when I need them.

I use dried fruit, reconstitute and sweeten for the filling and this is the crust recipe that I have used for years. It is so easy to work with and I have never had a flop.

Fried Pie Crust

5 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
3 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1 c. crisco
1 egg
1 lg. can milnot (or evaporated milk)

Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and cut in crisco. Mix egg and milnot and add to flour mixture. Roll on floured board into walnut size balls. Fill with filling , seal and fry in hot oil. Dough will keep in fridge for 2 weeks.

Make sure they are well sealed so the filling doesn't come out while frying. I dip my finger in water and go around half the dough and then fold it and press with the tines of a fork to seal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here