Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for: looking for strawberry lemon tart

Posted by sflinda (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 07 at 20:14

I recently downsized houses and somehow lost some cookbooks.(Goodwill) This particular recipe was in a Best of Sunset that goes back even further than the archives at Sunset.com It was called something like "shooting star strawberry-lemon tart"
The strawberries were cooked, then added to a pie tart. Then the lemon curd was swirled into the top, hence the shooting star effect. Of course now that it's lost my family insists that this was their favorite. Thanks in advance for any help. linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for: looking for strawberry lemon tart

This is from findarticles.com which is pop-up hell so here it is:
Shooting Star Strawberry-Lemon Curd Pie

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel

1/2 cup lemon juice

1 cup sugar

3 large eggs

Press-in lemon crust (recipe

precedes)

1/2 cup cornstarch 1 1/2 quarts hulled strawberries, rinsed

and drained In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt butter with lemon peel, lemon juice, and cup sugar. Whisk in eggs until blended, then stir until mixture thickly coats a spoon, about 5 minutes. Set aside cup lemon curd. Spread remaining curd into crust; chill uncovered. In a blender or food processor, puree remaining sugar, cornstarch, and strawberries (a portion at a time, if needed) until smooth. Pour into a 2- to 3-quart pan. Stir over mediuin-high heat until boiling rapidly, 6 to 7 minutes. Place pan in a larger bowl of ice water. Stir often until thick enough to flow heavily when pan is tilted, 15 to 20 minutes. Spoon into crust. Drop 6 or 7 spoonfuls of reserved lemon curd, well apart, on strawberry filling. With tip of a chopstick or knife, draw lemon curd in swirls into strawberry mixture. Chill, uncovered, until set to touch, at least 3 hours. If made ahead, cover and chill until next day. To serve, push from rim and set on a platter. Serves 8 to 10. Per serving: 372cal.; 5.2g protein; 18g fat(IOg sat),- 50 g carbo.; 184 mg sodium; 126 mg chol

o
RE: looking for: looking for strawberry lemon tart

Ginger, thank you so much! I cannot tell you how happy youv'e made this family. I'm always amazed at the generosity of spirit of all that support this site. linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here