Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recipe: looking: crockpot shredded chicken

Posted by columbusgardener (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 07 at 19:10

A co worker of mine always made a shredded chicken sandwich for our 1st pot luck of the school year. She fell ill over the summer and has been getting back her health and will not be able to attend. I would like to try and make it, but I cannot find a recipe and her daughter tells me everything she cooked was in her head.

what she did tell me is its chicken, broth, salt & pepper and two rolls of RITZ crackers (crushed) and kept heated in a roater or crockpot...

Anyone have any ideas??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recipe: looking: crockpot shredded chicken

Did it have a creamed soup as an ingredient?

Here is a link that might be useful: Hot shredded chicken sandwiches

o
RE: recipe: crockpot shredded chicken

Go through the recipes below:

Here is a link that might be useful: Chicken Ritz

o

Those are interesting sounding recipes........I assume the ritz cracker act as an extender?? Thanks for researching them, Ginger and thanks for the suggestion too,CG.
RL`

o

thank you everyone - she didn't mention soup - but I am going to try a few to see what they are like -

thank you everyone for the help

Debbie

o

Pulled Chicken Sandwiches (Crock Pot) Recipe
A personal take on a recipe from the "Slow Cooker Bible" and based on recipes typical of North Carolina styled BBQ. The sauce is tangy and flavorful but not spicy as the amount of hot sauce is just enough to balance the sweetness of the ketchup. Certainly mild enough to serve to kids. It you want more zing, add more tabasco or a chopped chipotle pepper en adobo. (If your crock pot is large enough, this easily doubles and the leftovers can be frozen.)
4 servings
6 hours 10 min prep
1 medium onion, thinly sliced or 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Sauce
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 pinch salt

Cut the onion in half and slice into thin half rings. Line the bottom of the crock pot with the onions.
Trim the chicken breasts and place on top of the bed of onions.
Mix all of the sauce ingredients together and pour on top of the chicken covering completely. (I make the sauce the night before so that it is a simple dump and run in the morning.)
Cook for 6 hours on low setting. The sauce thickens and turns into a dark rich brown during cooking. At the same time the onions dissolve into the sauce.
When the chicken is falling apart tender, take two forks and shred the chicken.
Serve on top of split buns. I like mine toasted so they hold up better to the weight of the shredded chicken.
Suggested sides include baked beans, corn on the cob, coleslaw or cucumber salad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here