Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: grilled salad for fall

Posted by lizzynola (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 07 at 17:44

This is an excellent addition to a buffet table/party, and can be made days ahead. A nice fall salad.

VINAIGRETTE
1/2 t. crushed dried thyme
1 t. crushed dried basil
1/4 t. dried rosemary, crumbled
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup oil

Combine all ingredients except the oil in a bowl or a jar, then slowly beat in the oil until well blended. Cover, and set aside

SALAD
1/2 cup olive oil
1 t. dried thyme, crushed
1 t. dried basil, crushed
1/2 t, dried oregano, crushed
1 t. minced garlic
1/2 t. fresh ground black pepper
1 zucchini
1 (one pound) piece of banana squash
1/2 of an eggplant
1 red onion
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper

Heat your broiler.
Whisk together the oil, thyme, basil, oregano, garlic and pepper.
Slice the zucchini, eggplant and red onion into 3/4 quarter inch slices, and place them on the broiler pan.
Brush them with the marinade & broil until lightly browned. Watch them carefully so they don't burn.
Place the bell peppers about 4 inches beneath the broiler and broil until the skin begins to blister, turning so all sides are charred, about 12-15 minutes..
Place the peppers in a zip lock bag to steam for 10 minutes, then peel them when they are cool enough to handle.
Dice the zucchini, squash, eggplant onion, and bell peppers into 3/4 inch squares.
Drizzle 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette over the veggies and toss to coat well.
Chill the veggies at least a couple of hours before serving.

This will serve about 6-8, but you can double/triple the recipe to the amount you need.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: grilled salad for fall

sounds wonderful & plan on have this tonight, think I'll add some mushrooms, think that will make a great addition.
Thanks
Lucy

o

Having a dinner party this evening, your grilled salad is just wonderful. I got ahead start w/it and just had a taste . It's soooo good!! (I added the mushrooms in the mix)

o

Lucyny,

By all means the mushrooms would be a great addition!

Be prepared to give the recipe. I am always asked for it every time we serve it:)

Hope your dinner party is absolutely perfect!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here