Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Does weed30 still post here?

Posted by angelaid (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 18, 09 at 15:00

I just printed this recipe out for a dinner this weekend and realized I've been using your Dijon Cream sauce as a "go to" since 2003!!! I use it for the pork tenderloin, chicken breasts and (tonight) salmon. I love it! So, if you are still around, thanks! LOL

Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Cream
Serves: 2

1# pork tenderloin, cut into 2" slices
Seasoned flour
2 Tbl. butter, divided
2 tsp. canola or olive oil
2 green onions, thinly sliced (coin shape), white and green parts separated
1/3 cup white wine or dry vermouth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. Dijon mustard (or more to taste)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to low, about 170 degrees F
Lightly pound pork medallions to 1" thick.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tsp. oil over medium high heat.
Dredge pork in seasoned flour. Add pork slices all at once to pan and saute 2 minutes per side.
Remove to a plate and hold in the oven while finishing the sauce. (pork will be a bit underdone but will finish in the oven.)
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter to pan.
Add white part of onion, saute for 1 minute.
Add wine or vermouth, simmer until syrupy and reduced to about 3 tablespoons.
Add cream, simmer 2 - 3 minutes until thickened.*
Stir in Dijon, add salt and pepper to taste.
Return pork to pan to coat with sauce. Serve over rice or pasta, garnishing with the green part of the onion.
*If sauce ends up too thick for your liking, add a little water or milk, but no more than 1/4 cup. You can double the sauce ingredients so there is enough to pour over rice.

Wendy (Weed)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Does weed30 still post here?

Try the cooking forum.

o

Yes, Weed is still around although she doesn't post much. She'll probably check in and see your thank you, but as Ginger said, she's more likely to be found on the Cooking Forum, or I've even seen her over on Pets.

Linda

o

Someone alerted me to your post -- thank you! I don't remember where I got the recipe, only that it originally called for a LOT more dijon, but I cut it back because it was so strong. I'm glad you love it, and I agree that it is a wonderful and simple dish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here