Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe without Marshmallow Crem

Posted by gigi_7 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 07 at 14:53

I dream of the delicious peanut butter fudge a friend of my mother's made years ago when I was growing up in a small farm town. Both my mother and her friend have been gone for several years now......the recipe with them. The fudge was not soft and creamy but firm like some of the old fashioned chocolate fudge recipes I remember. I know there was no marshmallow creme in it. Does anyone have a T&T recipe for peanut butter fudge you would not mind sharing? Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe without Marshmallow

I have this recipe but have never tried it. Thought you might like to see it anyways.

Never Fail Peanut Butter Fudge

2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
Pinch of salt
2 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter or smooth peanut butter

Boil sugar, milk and salt for 10 minutes. Add butter. Continue boiling until mixture forms a soft ball in cold water. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and peanut butter. Beat until mixture starts to set. Pour quickly into buttered pan. Once it starts to set, it hardens fast.

o

I found this in an old cookbook my mother used from the 40's. I'll post it with the original recipe & the variation following.
FUDGE
2 cups sugar
1 or 2 squares chocolate
1/8 tsp cream of tartar or 2 TBL corn syrup
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 TBL butter

Mix the sugar, milk, grated chocolate, cream of tartar or corn syrup & boil rather slowly, stirring until the ingredients are well blended. Boil to the soft-ball stage (238.) Remove from the stove, add the butter but do not stir it in. When lukewarm, add the vanilla & beat until it creams; that is, until the shiny appearance disappears & the fudge will hold its shape when dropped from the spoon. Spread it in a buttered pan & when it hardens mark it into squares.~~

**Peanut butter may be used instead of chocolate, using 2 TBL of the butter to each cup of sugar in the recipe. Like butter or other fat, it should be added after the fudge is cooked.~~

o

Thank you both. These recipes sound much more like the fudge I remember than the ones calling for marshmallow creme. I will give it a try this weekend.

o

Marshmallow cream serves the same function in fudge as corn syrup.......both keep the sugar from forming crystals in the hardened product. The secret to a good peanut butter fudge is to beat it until the glossy appearance disappears as directed in Ginger's recipe.

Dan

o

Simple, fast and delicious.

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cup of peanut butter

Boil sugar and water at rapid boil for one (1) minute. Remove from heat and quickly mix in peanut butter. Have a buttered loaf pan or 8 x 8 pan ready. Pour in and smooth out. Let cool. Makes a small batch but is quick and cheap to make.

o

2 1/2 cups sugar
3/4-1 cup milk (depending on how cream you want it)
1 1/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup marshmallow fluff
1 tablespoon vanilla

Will need a grease pan or wax paper for easy release.

Heat sugar and milk in pan boil for approximately 3 1/2 min. Remove from heat. Quickly stir in remaining ingredients,mix well ( caution vanilla will cause slight bubbling). Pour mixture into greased pan. Chill until firm.

o

tmnjfjjiwert

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here