Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Savory Cheesecake

Posted by beverlyal (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 07 at 14:25

Remember the popular savory cheesecake everyone was raving about on the CF a couple of years ago? Seems like it had jalapenos in it. Could someone please post the recipe?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Savory Cheesecake

Did you ask there or did nobody remember?

o

I am pretty sure that Katie had a recipe for a Jalapeo Cheesecake that was very popular. I don't have it because I don't do "hot" very often but I do recall it getting rave reviews.

As Ginger mentions, go ask over at the CF , I'm sure someone can help you out.

o

Here's Katie's recipe and here's another just for good measure!

Posted by: KatieC (My Page) on Mon, Dec 9, 02 at 17:24
I'm making these for our Christmas party at work:

Jalapeno Cheesecake Recipe
Serving Size : 20 Preparation Time :0:00

8 ounces cream cheese
5 ounces sharp cheddar cheese -- grated
2 cloves garlic
1 egg
8 ounces jalapeno jelly

Mix first four ingredients together with half of the jelly. Pour mixture into greased 6- inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Cool completely and remove from pan.

Heat remaining jelly and pour over top of cheesecake. Serve with chips and/or crackers.

PESTO CHEESECAKE

CRUST
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese
1/2 cup melted butter Mix all together and press into 9" springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.

FILLING
4 (8 oz packages) cream cheese
4 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cups pesto (from the refrigerator section of your grocer)

Beat with electric mixer. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350* for 1 hour. Chill several hours or overnight. Remove from pan and decorate with a little chopped tomato or chopped sundried tomatoes. Slice into very thin slices and serve on small individual plates - or - cut into thirds and place 1/3 on serving plate and use to spread on crackers or baguettes. Be sure to decorate with a little chopped "red" tomato accent and maybe some green basil too. Looks beautiful! (If you cut into thirds, you can serve 1/3 and freeze the remaining for another time.)

o

Thanks Woodie, I don't know if that's it or not. Definitely going to save that one.

Ginger and Chase, I thought about asking there. Since this is the one where you are supposed to ask for recipes I thought I would ask here to do it properly.

o

we are wimps when it comes to heat but that recipe of katie's is really good! and it really isn't hot--just savory. and the pesto cheesecake recipe is good too!

o

Anyone have opinions on the savory cheesecake freezeability? (I know, thats not a real word)

o

http://www.thatsmyhome.com/mainstreetdeli/savche.htm
has a bunch of savory cheesecake recipes.

Also:

Savory Cheesecake Recipe courtesy Alton Brown
Show: Good Eats
Episode: Cheesecake
24 ounces cream cheese
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
4 ounces sour cream
2 large eggs
6 ounces smoked trout, diced
1/3 cup chopped chives
Crust:
3 ounces melted butter
1 egg white
1 1/2 cups crushed bagel chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, egg white, and the bagel chips. Press them into the bottom of a 10-inch spring form pan. Bake for 8 minutes to crisp up. Remove from oven and cool. Reduce the heat to 250 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, blend the cream cheese, cornstarch, salt, and sour cream. Once combined, add the eggs. Fold in trout and chives. Pour the batter over the cooled crust. Bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and leave the cake in the oven for an additional hour without opening the door. Cool on a rack for at least 4 hours. Carefully unmold. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

o

Jessy, I have frozen the pesto cheesecake many times. It is so big, I cut it into thirds and freeze two of them. it thaws beautifully. It has excellent freezability and thawability. :-)

Stacy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here