Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Jalapeno Jelly

Posted by hot_pepper (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 16, 09 at 14:16

I'm looking for a large batch recipe for jalapeno jelly or jam? I will have approx. 4 cups of ground peppers. I've never heard of a jam but what the hey, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Ideas; suggestions, recipes?

Thanks,
Hot Pepper

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Jalapeno Jelly

since peppers are a low acid fruit....you need to keep the ratio of sugar/vinegar to a safe level.
I don't know what a "safe level" might be....but Know that 2 1/2 cups of chopped peppers to 6 1/2 cups of sugar and 1 1/2 cups of vinegar are the norm.
Linda C

o

Ask at the Harvest forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Harvest Forum

o

I have made several different pepper jelly recipes, but this one always gets rave reviews.

1/2 c. fresh peppers, stemmed, seeded and cut up ( I use a mixture of jalepeno, serano,pequin, habanero and tobasco peppers.)
1 lg. red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut up
2 C. apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 c. dried apricots, chopped
6 c. sugar
1 (3oz.) pkg. liquid pectin
Chop apricots, finely ground in food processor. Put in large saucepan.
Put peppers and vinegar in food processor and pulse until ground and add to apricots. Add sugar. Bring to a boil, boil 5 min. Remove from heat. Let cool 2 min. Stir in pectin. Pour in jars and seal. Makes 7 half pints.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here