Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chase_gw

RECIPE: Joe's Sicilian Chicken

chase_gw
17 years ago

I'm up at the cottage and most of my new recipes are down in the city. I tried a search but came up with nada except a kazillion WFD threads, believe me with dial up I'm not going there!!! I avoid all pic threads, it's way to painful!

I made Joe's chicken and it is sooooooooo good, want to make it this weekend. Joe, or anyone, please post the recipe?

Comments (6)

• doucanoe
    17 years ago

Found it, Sharon!

POLLO ALLA SICILIANA" (Capelli d'angelo in brodetto di pollo alle erbe; sautéed chicken in herbed broth with angel hair pasta)
    Serves six

2 whole chicken breasts; boned and skinned, cut
    into thin strips no more than 1/2-inch wide and
    1 inch long
    6 Tbs flour
    ½ Tbs red pepper flakes
    1 tsp fresh ground pepper
    salt to taste (optional)
    4 Tbs yellow onion; sliced thin
    6-8 cloves garlic; sliced
    4 Tbs butter
    6 Tbs olive oil
    ½ cup tomatoes; seeded, peeled, diced
    1 tsp dried oregano; (or a couple of sprigs
    of fresh)
    4 Tbs fresh basil; coarse chopped
    2 Tbs fresh parsley; chopped
    12 ounces chicken broth
    12 ounces angel hair pasta

Put on a large pot of water to boil, for the pasta.

Flatten chicken breasts and cut into ½" by 1" strips. In a plastic storage bag, mix flour, pepper flakes, and ground pepper. Put chicken strips into bag and shake (just before cooking).

Slice onion and garlic. If using fresh tomatoes, peel, seed, and chop. Chop parsley and basil.

Heat ½ of the butter and olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add ½ of the chicken strips and brown each side lightly. Remove chicken from skillet with a slotted spoon, add remainder of butter and oil, heat, and add remainder of chicken. Remove when browned. Save the flour mix.

Add onion to skillet, reduce heat, and sauté until soft. Scrape chicken bits from bottom of skillet. Add garlic and sauté very briefly (do not brown).

Add tomatoes, oregano, basil, and parsley. Mix thoroughly and heat well. For a thicker "sauce", add a tablespoon or so of the remaining dredging flour at this point.

Add chicken stock and simmer until thickened.

Add pasta to boiling water.

Return chicken to skillet, mix thoroughly, and reduce heat to lowest setting just to warm.

Put drained pasta onto plates and spoon chicken and sauce onto pasta.

Joe

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

That sounds wonderful! I know what you mean about the pictures with dial-up.

• CA Kate z9
    17 years ago

I made this recipe last night after finding this posting. WOW! I made it with thighs instead of breast meat and it was outstanding!

• eileenlaunonen
    15 years ago

Just found this...think ill try this looks like a good one! Has anyone made this recently..just curious!

• chase_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I make it several times a summer. We really enjoy it and it is super easy.

PS: Linda looks like forgot to thank you for finding the recipe for me....two years late but thanks!

• marlingardener
    15 years ago

Just printed out this recipe. Guess what we are having for dinner tonight?
    I was stuck for something different, and voila, the GardenWeb recipes forum came to the rescue!

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths