Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Layered Plantain dish on Diners, Drive-ins, Dives

Posted by kim0201 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 13, 09 at 14:12

I recently saw an episode on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins & Dives which featured a layered dish w/ plantains as the base layer. It included a layer of ground beef mixture w/ green olives & a cheese topping. I believe the restaurant may have been in CA & recommended by Guy's sister.

Does anyone remember seeing this & if so, do you remember more of the details? I looked thru the recipes on the Food Network site including Guy Fieri's DDD site and wasn't able to find anything.

Can you help me? Thank you so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Layered Plantain dish on Diners, Drive-ins, Div

Found it w/ a Google search under Puerto Rican Beef Plantain Omelette Recipe & Plantain Picadillo Pie with Cheese. Think we'll try it for dinner.

Thanks for checking.

o

Hi Kim
Saw your post and wanted to tell you that in order for this dish to be really delicious, the plantains have to be really ripe, the peel has to be almost black in color. I make it here ocassionally, its called in spanish, pantalon. Its just delicious.

Alberta

o

Thank you Alberta - Still haven't made the dish & will remember to let the plantains get really ripe before doing so.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here