Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Apple Cider Donut Recipe?

Posted by franci37 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 28, 07 at 13:31

Does anyone have a recipe for Apple Cider Donuts? I had tried these years ago and never got the recipe and have tried to figure it out myself but never perfected it. I haven't even seen these in any cookbooks. I know they are a cake donut, not the yeast kind, and they had a mild spice taste. I figured this is the best place to ask.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Apple Cider Donut Recipe?

There are quite a few out there, try googling "doughnuts" note the spelling.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: apple cider doughnuts

o

Nonsense. "Cheddar" is only spelled one way but doughnuts can also be spelled the other way. If you have a good basic cake donut recipe, substitute the liquid with apple cider but you may need to up the amount of the spices you've tried already.

o

Thank you lindac. Wow! I should have tried google. I will be up all night looking through those "doughnut" recipes. There are probably even more under "donut" too.

ginger st thomas, thanks for your idea of substituting cider for the liquid. That was my first idea but didn't have any luck with that.

o

Ginger I found more listed under doughnut than donut....try it.
Cider will have a different degree of acidity than milk and, of course less fat. And milk acts as a buffer for acidity, so I would watch your leavening. Depending on the recipe you may need to substitute some baking soda for the baking powder in your recipe.
Linda C

o

I now have all the apple cider doughnut recipes I'll ever need. Went to google and searched "Apple Cider Doughnuts". That was soooo easy. Thanks...My search is over!!

o

255,000 recipes under "apple cider donuts recipe" which also lists doughnuts on the same search.

o

My goodness! You have really done your home work haven't you.
Good for you!!!

o

No, doing a simple search the way I originally did for this request brought it up. It's not a question of homework. I hardly think anyone needs more than 255,000 recipes.

o

APPLE CIDER DONUTS

3 Tbsp. sugar for preparing pans
2 cups all-purpose white flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 t. ground cinnamon
1 large egg lightly beaten
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup apple butter
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup apple cider
1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
3 T. vegetable oil,preferably canola oil

GLAZE
1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 t. pure vanilla
1/4-1/3 cup pure maple syrup

DONUTS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Coat molds of a mini-Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray or oil.
Sprinkle with sugar, shaking out excess.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
In another bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, apple butter, maple syrup, cider, yogurt and oil.
Add dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
Divide half the batter among the prepared molds, spooning about 2 generous tablespoonfuls of batter into each mold. BAKEfor 10 to 12 minutes, or until the tops spring back when touched lightly.
Loosen edges and turn the cakes out onto a rack to cool. Clean the mini-Bundt pan, then re-coat it with oil and sugar.
Repeat with the remaining batter.
GLAZE
In a bowl, combine confectioner's sugar and vanilla.
Gradually whisk in enough maple syrup to make a coating consistency.
Dip the shaped side (underside) of the "doughnuts" in the glaze to coat. Then set them, glazed-side up on a rack over wax paper for a few minutes until the glaze has set.

Good luck!

o

Thanks lizzynola for the recipe. This is a good one because you bake them instead of deep frying them. I already have the mini bundt pan. I'll try it.

o

I just had these for the first time...we were apple picking in The Hamptons.....OH SO GOOD...the kids absolutely loved them,only problem with these is that you cant stop eating them!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here