Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Looking for 1998/1999 cake mix box recipe

Posted by MLJ9 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 24, 11 at 13:27

Back in 1998/1999 I saw a recipe on a cake mix box (no idea which brand) that called for sour cream and blueberry pie filling (I think maybe that could be substituted for cherry) and a melted frosting drizzle. I used it several times for church coffee hours, but then moved out of that parish and didn't get back to coffee hour stuff until recently. I would like to find this recipe, and repeated different variations of google searching has gotten me nowhere. Any one know this recipe? It was quite easy. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Looking for 1998/1999 cake mix box recipe

Could it be something like this coffee cake in the link? You could, of course, use regular sour cream and leave out the almonds if desired.

Teresa

Here is a link that might be useful: Sour Cream Fruit Filled Coffee Cake

o
RE: RECIPE: Looking for 1998/1999 cake mix box recipe

We used to call it Dump Cake because you just "dumped" everything in. I hope this is it.

Dump Cake

Ingredients

1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
8 ounces chopped walnuts
1/2 cup butter

Directions

In a 9x13 inch pan mix cherries and pineapple. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pineapple, and cherry mixture stir until just combined. Then sprinkle walnuts over top. Drizzle top with melted butter or margarine.
Bake in a 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 35 or 40 minutes or until golden brown.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here