Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goldy_gw

LOOKING for: Yellow Squash Recipe

goldy
14 years ago

Years ago I had a recipe with yellow squash and sour cream .It was the "best" can't find it .Maybe you can help me.

Comments (4)

• ginger_st_thomas
    14 years ago

Check the recipes below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Yellow Squash

• goldy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thankyou so much.

• donnalovesblue
    14 years ago

I make squash casserole quite often, but I don't use a recipe, so I'll attempt to list the measurements of each ingredient. I like casseroles with substance, not too runny, so I use more squash than is usually called for in sc recipes. In addition to this casserole, we like roasted or grilled squash.

Ingredients:

10-12 squash (medium size)
    1 onion chopped
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/3 cup Hellman's mayo
    2 beaten eggs
    1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
    S & P to taste
    1/2 stick butter
    Ritz Cracker crumbs for topping, crushed

Cut squash into 1/2" pieces (not too large or small) boil in large pan with onions until tender. Drain well. Remove to a large bowl. I will slightly mash at this point. Add remaining ingredients, top with cracker crumbs and drizzle butter over crumbs. Cook in 13x9 pan or larger and bake at 350 for about 45 min. or until hot and bubbly.

When I roast or grill squash, I cut each squash in half, lengthwise, toss in olive oil just to coat, and sprinkle with whatever seasonsings/herbs you like. Roast on baking sheet at 450 until slightly brown on edges...roasting time varies, but I like mine tender, not mushy. You can also roast cherry tomatoes along with the squash.

• bobbie56
    14 years ago

This was from an earlier post. Time to make this again.

I have an abundance of yellow squash right now so here is a recipe I tried yesterday. It was very good. I will make it again. I couldn't find the instant corn bread stuffing mix so I used a small box of corn bread muffin mix with Stove Top Savory Stuffing and that is what I will use again next time. I also used more cheese for the topping. Everyone went back for more.

Squash Stuffing Casserole

3/4 cups water
    1/4 tsp salt
    6 cups sliced yellow summer squash
    1 small onion sliced
    1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
    1 cup sour cream
    1 pkg instant corn bread stuffing mix
    1 can 4 ounce chopped green chilies
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add the squash and onion. Reduce the heat; cover and cook until the squash is crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. drain well; set aside. In a bowl, combine soup, sour cream, stuffing and the contents of the seasoning packet, chilies, salt and pepper, mix well. Fold in the squash mixture. Pour into a greased shallow 2-qt baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.

If you have any leftovers they can be frozen.

Casserole Cooking
    Taste of Home Books

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz