Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselin32

LOOKING for: Snacking food

roselin32
17 years ago

We were in Alamogordo a couple of weeks ago and stopped at a Pistachio Ranch where we bought some Lemon Lime Pistachios.......they have just become my favorite snack item and I ordered some more of the lemon lime and some green chili pistachios.

Do you have a favorite snack item?

Comments (14)

• woodie
    17 years ago

Well, pistachios of any kind (but especially chili lime) would be top on my list!

I am a Cheeze-It fanatic, I just can't resist a handful of Cheese-Its. I could eat hummus on rice crackers til the sun comes down. I love snacking!

• Marigene
    17 years ago

I love kettle corn!

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

Geeze, Woodie you need to come to my house! I love Cheeze-its & constantly eat hummus (some brand name I can't remember but it's called Hummus with 40 spices) on rice crackers too!.

I'm a cashew fanatic & love those cans of potato sticks, regular Goldfish & I like string cheese too. Lay's potato chips, Fritos scoops with Desert Pepper chile con queso. Also those flat packs of Genoa salami.

I can make a meal of deviled eggs & get on binges of those, too. Oh, and deviled ham with minced onion but I have to eat that on Bremner wafers.

• roselin32
    Original Author
    17 years ago

How about candy coated garbanzos, Ginger??

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

Oh, yeah - definitely. Not available here, though. (That's probably a good thing for my waistline.)

Oh, I thought of another - White Cheddar popcorn.

• girlsingardens
    17 years ago

For me it is homemade chex mix the saltier the better. I also love candy corn this time of year. Mix the candy corn with some salted peanuts and they taste like the salted nut rolls. I also like Lay's potato chips and green onion chip dip, or just about anything salty. I am not a big fan of sugary treats or even chocolate, unless it is that time of the month....

Stacie

• woodie
    17 years ago

Ginger, I love devilled eggs too and was recently watching some tv cook make a grilled devilled ham sandwich with cheese on it and I was practically drooling,it was all just oozing out of the bread after he cut it, OMG! I think you and I could snack very nicely together - particularly because I wouldn't have to share my wine with you :-)

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

As long as you keep your hands off my iced tea!

• glenda_al
    17 years ago

These are excellent.
    Another Paula Deen recipe!

Marinated cheese bits
    2 (10 ½ ounce) boxes of Ritz Cheese Bits crackers
    ½ cup vegetable oil
    1 (1 ounce) package of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
    1 tbsp of dried dill
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp celery salt
    Place the crackers in a large Ziploc bag or sealable bowl. Mix together the oil, dressing mix, dill, garlic powder and celery salt in a small bowl. Pour the oil mixture over the crackers and stir gently to combine. Seal the crackers and refrigerate for at least 24 hours, stirring the crackers every few hours to keep them well coated. Let the crackers come to room temperature before serving.

• caliloo
    17 years ago

Ditto on the Chex Mix, but it must be home made. I have started using the recipe on the back of the box, doubling the spices and adding a goodly shake of hot sauce to the melted butter part. I also add Goldfish to the mix and usually use mixed nuts rather than peanuts. I usually make it on Sunday to munch while watching football and my kids will ask if they can eat just that all day long. LOL!

Alexa

• craftyrn
    17 years ago

Another Cheese it fan here-- must be the chunchy kind tho not the baked . And I'll kill for honey roasted cashews !!
    And if there's leftover bread drsg in the frig I "pick" all day !

Diane

• aka_margo
    17 years ago

I love cheese, good thing I live in Wisconsin! My favorite snack of all time is Cheese Popcorn...not the kind that comes in a bag. I pop up a big bowl of popcorn and then melt a really good aged cheddar and pour it over the top! The Best! It is also really good with Cougar Gold cheese out of Washington State, and I have also used Swiss and Parmesan (which is harder to melt).

• teresa_nc7
    17 years ago

Woodie, a woman after my own heart - Cheeze-its are my favorite too - along with Goldfish crackers.

And Ginger, I could happily snack with you anytime. All the things you mentioned are snacks I love.

I picked up a package of soppresata and asiago slices on sale this past Friday - roll them up together, um ummmmm!

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

I'll have to try the soppresata & asiago. Bet that would be good with the Genoa salami, too.