Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Twice baked potatoes

Posted by dreamhouse1 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 25, 09 at 11:56

I think AnnT has the treasured recipe, but I can't seem to find it in my searching. Anyone have it, or a recipe that they recommend?

Want to make them today, or at least the filling, to be baked and served tomorrow night...can I do that???

TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Twice baked potatoes

Baked Stuffed Potatoes

3 large baking potatoes or 6 smaller
3/4 c. dairy sour cream
1 T. grated onion
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c grated cheddar cheese

Bake potatoes 1 hour at 400
Increase oven temp to 450
If potatoes are large cut in half lengthwise...for smaller potatoes cut x on top. Scoop out potatoe and put shell on baking sheet. In mixer, whip potatoes, add sour cream, onion and salt. Beat until fluffy. Fold in cheese. Put into shells. Can refrigerate or freeze at this point. If refrigerated, Bake 15 - 20 minutes at 450. If frozen, bake 400 45 - 55 min. If baked immediately, bake 450 12 - 15 min.

o
RE: LOOKING for: Twice baked potatoes

This is the only one I ever make anymore.

GORGONZOLA POTATOES (serves 12)
6 large baking potatoes
Vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
6 TBL butter, softened
3 TBL milk
4 oz Gorgonzola, crumbled
1 tsp salt
Wash potatoes & rub skins w/oil. Bake in a preheated 450 oven for 45 minutes. Cut in 1/2. Scoop out potato pulp
in a large bowl. Add sour cream, butter, milk & cheese; blend well. Stir in salt. Mound in potato skins. Bake 10 more minutes to heat. If you freeze ahead, reheat at 350 for 30 minutes.~~

Works well, freezing ahead.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here