Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Cinnamon Rolls with whipping cream

Posted by gigi_7 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 07 at 10:53

Years ago I had a recipe for cinnamon rolls that called for whipping cream to be poured over them before baking them. They were exceptionally delicious! I cannot remember where I got the recipe and it is now long gone. Does this recipe sound familiar to any of you? It may have been an old Farm Journal recipe - I just don't recall.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Cinnamon Rolls with whipping cream

This recipe is all over the web....I am sure it would work with your own home made dough if you wished.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: easy rolls

o

Thank you, Linda. I just did a search on google (I know I have searched before without luck) Anyway, THIS is the recipe I have been looking for and it is from Farm Journal. It makes 3 huge pans and they are truly worth the extra effort!

EXTRA SPECIAL CINNAMON ROLLS

These rolls are worth the extra trouble.

2 cups raisins
Boiling water
2 Tablespoons active dry yeast (2 pkgs)
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 1/2 cups lukewarm water (110 F)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
8 1/2 to 9 cups sifted all purpose flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup shortening

2 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
8 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/2 cup melted butter or regular margarine

1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Vanilla Glaze

VANILLA GLAZE:

3 cups sifted confectioners sugar
Dash salt
3 Tablespoons melted butter or regular margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tablespoons hot milk

Place raisins in bowl; add enough boiling water to cover. Let stand 5 minutes to plump. Drain off water; reserve raisins.

Sprinkle yeast and 1 Tablespoon sugar over lukewarm water in large mixing bowl; stir to dissolve. Add cup sugar, salt, ginger, 3 cups of the flour and eggs. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes, s****************ing bowl occasionally. Cover and let stand in warm place until foamy, about 40 minutes.

Add raisins and shortening to yeast mixture; mix well. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.

Turn dough out onto floured surface. Knead until smooth, about 10 minutes. Place dough in greased bowl, turning over once to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Meanwhile, combine 2 cups brown sugar and 8 tsp. cinnamon in bowl; set aside.

Punch down dough. Divide dough in fourths. Let rest 10 minutes. Roll out each forth on floured surface to 18 x 8-inch rectangle. Spread each with one fourth of melted butter. Sprinkle each with one fourth of brown sugar-cinnamon mixture. Roll up like a jelly roll, starting at wide end. Pinch edges to seal. Cut each roll in 18 (1-inch) slices. Place slices, equally spaced, cut side down, in 3 greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pans, 24 rolls in each pan. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine heavy cream, cup brown sugar, vanilla and 1 tsp. cinnamon in bowl; mix until blended. Spread one-third of cream mixture over each pan of rolls after they have doubled.

Bake in 375 F. oven 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans immediately. Cool on racks. While still warm, drizzle with Vanilla Glaze. Makes 72.

Vanilla Glaze: Combine 3 cups sifted confectioners sugar, dash of salt, 3 Tablespoons melted butter or regular margarine, 1 tsp. vanilla and 2 Tablespoons hot milk in bowl; beat until smooth. Add a little more milk, if necessary, to make a thin glaze.

Farm Journal's Complete Home Baking Book

o

Oh, thanks for posting that recipe. My philosophy is that if it's from Farm Journal, it's gotta be good. Wonder if I could let them do a slow rise overnight in the fridge? We have an annual Halloween party at work and they'd be fantastic for breakfast!

o

Cinnamon rolls are my favorite. I have a good recipe but would love to try this one. What is this:
"s****************ing bowl occasionally"

o

Looks like what happens when my cat "helps" me type.

"scraping bowl occasionally"

Carol

o

Ah. I was trying to fill in all the letters to fit that many *'s. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here