Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaron80

LOOKING for: Crockpot beef stew with ginger ale

jaron80
17 years ago

Hi--I found a wonderful recipe in the spring on this forum that used stew beef, mushrooms, mushroom soup, and ginger ale. It was absolutely declicious, and now I can't find it! Might someone be able to share it again? Thanks!

Comments (9)

• Marigene
    17 years ago

This one isn't done in a crockpot but it does have ginger ale in it. It was posted by Angelaid.

No Peek Casserole

This is a recipe that my family literally will fight over. It makes a delicious gravy (what they fight over) and absolutely nothing to making it.I double the recipe and there is still none left at the end of the meal.
    No Peek Casserole
    2 lbs stew meat (I use 3 lbs)
    1 can Campbell's Chicken Mushroom Soup
    1/2 cup Ginger Ale
    1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix
    1 4 oz jar mushrooms, drained (optional)

Preheat oven to 300. Combine ALL ingredients (DO NOT brown meat and DO NOT dilute soup with water) together. Mix well. It will be lumpy before it's cooked. Pour into a casserole dish and cover. Bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours. DON'T PEEK!! Serve over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes. The smell as it's cooking is WONDERFUL

• glenda_al
    17 years ago

I'm preparing this, this weekend!! Have had the recipe for a long time.

• jaron80
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you so much! That's the one! Now I know what to serve my company tomorrow night!

• lisbet
    17 years ago

I was amazed to find out that there is no real ginger in commerical ginger ale.

• angelaid
    17 years ago

I got that recipe from Anne here. I think I've re-posted it three times already this morning. Can you tell I *love* it? LOL

• comkow
    17 years ago

Hi,
    I am new here and looking at all of these delicious recipes. I am trying to find some good recipes to take me through the winter when we can longer BBQ. This one looks great so I bought all of the ingredients yesterday.

DH loathes onions and mushrooms, but I could probably get away with the onions, but I would end up sitting across from him as he picked out all of the mushrooms, no matter how miniscual.

Can I substiture the chicken mushroom with plain chicken noodle? Or even just use beef stock?

Thanks. Hoping to get this on the table tonight.

• roselin32
    17 years ago

Why not use Cream of Chicken or Cream of celery??

• comkow
    17 years ago

I made this last night and used cream of chicken. I did double the recipe so we had lots of gravy. I think had I not doubled the gravy, it would have not been enough at all.

Anyway, DH LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it!!! It was great. I had it with rice since my two young children love rice, but it would have been delicious with mashed potatoes and the yummy gravy.

Thanks so much. Looking forward to trying so many more recipes from this great site.

• jtwtech
    17 years ago

I've made this recipe twice in a month since I found it on here.

It literally takes 5 minutes to whip it together, and the wife and kids love it.

Thanks to Angelaid for posting!

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!