Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Sol's Angel Hair Flan

Posted by cookingrvc (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 07 at 1:10

Sol,

Hi! I was scanning the 'what's for dinner' thread and saw your flan. Can you tell me how you prepare it?

I make something that looks similar (although I do it stove top)...we always called it spaghetti pie and make it with pasta, eggs, grating cheese, and lots of pepper.

Thanks, Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Sol's Angel Hair Flan

You might want to ask at the Cooking Forum. I've never seen it here.

o
RE: RECIPE: Sol's Angel Hair Flan

Someone was kind enough to email Sol's recipe to me. It sounds great.

Angel Hair Flan

1 cup whipping cream
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon minced, fresh thyme or pinch of dried thyme.
teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cups freshly grated Pecorino cheese
3 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked

Butter 6 - cup ramekins. Whisk first four ingredients. Season generously with S & P. Stir in 1 cup Pecorino. Divide freshly cooked pasta evenly among prepared ramekins. Pour egg mixture over pasta to the very top of ramekins. Sprinkle flans with remaining cup Pecorino cheese. Bake in a 350F oven, until flans are set and golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
Run a knife around sides of ramekins to loosen. Unmold and serve. These flans will puff up just like a souffl and once removed from the oven, will fall slightly, just like a souffl ... but no one will care. ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here