Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Pulled Pork for Crock Pot

Posted by tropicalfreak (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 23, 11 at 21:31

Looking for a recipe for pork to make in crock pot and then shred for sandwiches etc.

Is the pork shoulder the best cut for this?
I don't like my pulled pork fatty. I prefer it cook away and help flavor the meat.

Thanks.

Tropicalfreak

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Pulled Pork for Crock Pot

I do this in my oven in my cast iron dutch oven.
Sometimes I put an unpeeled banana in with it.

Slow Cooker Kalua Pig
Makes 12-14 servings

5-6 pound pork butt roast
1 1/2 tablespoons Hawaiian sea salt (coarse sea salt)
1 1/2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring

1. Pierce the pork roast all over with the tip of a sharp knife. Place the roast in a large slow cooker and rub the salt all over the meat. Drizzle the liquid smoke over the meat.

2. Cover the slow cooker and cook on Low Heat for 16 to 20 hours, turning the roast over once half-way through the cooking time. Depending on how hot your low setting is on your slow cooker, you may or may not need the full 20 hours. When the meat easily shreds with a fork it is ready.

3. Remove the meat from the slow cooker and shred with two forks, adding drippings from the slow cooker as needed to moisten the meat.

*Note: For this size of roast, you will need a 6-qt. slow cooker. If you have a smaller slow cooker, use a smaller roast and reduce the amount of the other ingredients accordingly.

o

Thanks Glenda.

Tropicalfreak

o
RE: LOOKbbbING for: Pulled Pork for Crock Pot

I have used this recipe in the oven, quite a few times. Make white bbq sauce as a side when serving.

Dear friend, has used this recipe, for 3 years, in her dutch oven, for beach family reunion and everyone loves it.

Hope you try and enjoy.

o

This one is wonderful!I have made it several times!

Here is a link that might be useful: Crock Pot Pulled Pork

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here