Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Annie's Salsa recipie

Posted by dreamin_outloud (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 15, 06 at 21:12

I have read many articles about Annies salsa, but I cannot seem to find the original recipie? Can anyone tell me where to look that I haven't already been?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Annie's Salsa recipie

ANNIES ORIGINAL SALSA

8 cups tomatoes, peeled, chopped and drained
2 cups chopped onion
1 cups chopped green pepper
3 5 chopped jalapenos
6 cloves minced garlic
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp pepper
1/8 cup canning salt
cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup vinegar
16 oz. tomato sauce
16 oz tomato paste
Mix all ingredients, bring to a boil, boil 10 minutes. Pour into hot jars, process at 10 lbs of pressure for 30 minutes for pints.

Makes 6 pints
Annie has made a couple changes to her original recipe.
1/4 cup sugar(1/3 in original recipe)
2/3 cup vinegar if BWB / 1/3 cup if pressure canned
8 oz tomato paste instead of 16

Go to the harvest forum and there should be more info.

o

Thank you so much I have a bunch of tomatoes ready...I will try this tomarrow. Sounds great!!

o

Had the same problem! I've been searching for an hour or so looking for the original recipe. Thank you so much for re posting it, now I can go back and get the info and suggestions from my previous search.

o

One correction: Somewhere along the way there was a mix-up in posting Annie's recipe. If you boiling water bath her salsa, you need 1 cup vinegar, not 2/3. You'll see Annie's own comments on the recipe and the reason for the change at at the Harvest link.

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Salsa A Big Hit

o
RE: RECIPE: Annie's Salsa recipe

My soon-to-be son-in-law and I made 34 jars of it this weekend and it's very good. Quite a hit at work, so we'll probably have to make more in a few weeks. (!?)

We made a double batch of mild and a single batch of spicy. I thought it was a tad too sweet, but I understand I can add lime juice to cut the sweetness next time. There's a lot of prep, I skinned and chopped 24 cups of tomatoes and cleaned the seeds and ribs from the peppers, he did the rest , so it's an all day operation, but it goes much faster with two. Enjoy

o

Made 5 pts. & 3 1/2 pts. today for my second round. I love having a tad left over so I can chow down on it. Good stuff!!!!!!

Thanks, Annie

Jude

o

I am a neophite canner. (fisrt year) and I tried Annie's Salsa...WOW! I am hooked now. Still on BWB.

o

Looking for something and I have NO CLUE how to find it on here. Annie told me about a pressure regulator I think is what she called it and I need to find out the order number on it again. It's for pressure canning. It helped the pressure canner to pressure can at the right pressure and you didn't have to stand over it.

o

You can try to reach Annie on the Cooking Forum, where she is very active.

o

Yum that recipe looks great. I could easily make that sometime.

o

If you click the picture on the right side of the page, the administrator has kindly posted a page with the recipe easily accessible. I do not know how long that picture will be accessible...

Annie

o
Annie's Salsa

OK, I'll make it easy. Here's a link to the newest, clearest, latest and most updated version!

Annie

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Salsa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here