Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dreamin_outloud

RECIPE: Annie's Salsa recipie

dreamin_outloud
17 years ago

I have read many articles about Annies salsa, but I cannot seem to find the original recipie? Can anyone tell me where to look that I haven't already been?

Comments (12)

• breasley
    17 years ago

ANNIEÂS ORIGINAL SALSA

8 cups tomatoes, peeled, chopped and drained
    2 ½ cups chopped onion
    1 ½ cups chopped green pepper
    3 Â 5 chopped jalapenos
    6 cloves minced garlic
    2 tsp cumin
    2 tsp pepper
    1/8 cup canning salt
    ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/3 cup vinegar
    16 oz. tomato sauce
    16 oz tomato paste
    Mix all ingredients, bring to a boil, boil 10 minutes. Pour into hot jars, process at 10 lbs of pressure for 30 minutes for pints.

Makes 6 pints
    Annie has made a couple changes to her original recipe.
    1/4 cup sugar(1/3 in original recipe)
    2/3 cup vinegar if BWB / 1/3 cup if pressure canned
    8 oz tomato paste instead of 16

Go to the harvest forum and there should be more info.

• dreamin_outloud
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you so much I have a bunch of tomatoes ready...I will try this tomarrow. Sounds great!!

• joyceb40046
    15 years ago

Had the same problem! I've been searching for an hour or so looking for the original recipe. Thank you so much for re posting it, now I can go back and get the info and suggestions from my previous search.

• readinglady
    15 years ago

One correction: Somewhere along the way there was a mix-up in posting Annie's recipe. If you boiling water bath her salsa, you need 1 cup vinegar, not 2/3. You'll see Annie's own comments on the recipe and the reason for the change at at the Harvest link.

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Salsa A Big Hit

• momj47
    15 years ago

My soon-to-be son-in-law and I made 34 jars of it this weekend and it's very good. Quite a hit at work, so we'll probably have to make more in a few weeks. (!?)

We made a double batch of mild and a single batch of spicy. I thought it was a tad too sweet, but I understand I can add lime juice to cut the sweetness next time. There's a lot of prep, I skinned and chopped 24 cups of tomatoes and cleaned the seeds and ribs from the peppers, he did the rest , so it's an all day operation, but it goes much faster with two. Enjoy

• jude31
    15 years ago

Made 5 pts. & 3 1/2 pts. today for my second round. I love having a tad left over so I can chow down on it. Good stuff!!!!!!

Thanks, Annie

Jude

• billieboy_cdn
    15 years ago

I am a neophite canner. (fisrt year) and I tried Annie's Salsa...WOW! I am hooked now. Still on BWB.

• gardnpondr
    10 years ago

Looking for something and I have NO CLUE how to find it on here. Annie told me about a pressure regulator I think is what she called it and I need to find out the order number on it again. It's for pressure canning. It helped the pressure canner to pressure can at the right pressure and you didn't have to stand over it.

• sushipup1
    10 years ago

You can try to reach Annie on the Cooking Forum, where she is very active.

• Petunia
    10 years ago

Yum that recipe looks great. I could easily make that sometime.

• annie1992
    9 years ago

If you click the picture on the right side of the page, the administrator has kindly posted a page with the recipe easily accessible. I do not know how long that picture will be accessible...

Annie

• annie1992
    9 years ago

OK, I'll make it easy. Here's a link to the newest, clearest, latest and most updated version!

Annie

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Salsa

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling