Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Bread Machine Italian Bread

Posted by oldcook (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 07 at 20:16

Hi All!
I'm a new poster, and am hoping someone can help me! I am looking for a good Italian bread recipe made totally in the Bread Machine, start to finish. One with lots of holes and a crispy crust. I've tried quite a few french bread and italian bread recipes in my machine, but none have that "holey" texture like a rustic bread, or Ciabatta bread. A tried and true recipe would be greatly appareciated, as we are getting tired of not-so-good italian breads that I've tried, and crave that nice bakery italian bread!
I'm not sure if this Beer Bread recipe has been posted here before, but I'd like to share it with the group, as a thank you:

BEER BREAD:

Mix together quickly, all at once:
3 Cups Self-rising flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 can (not light)Beer
Pour into a greased loaf pan, then melt 3 Tablespoons of butter or margarine and pour over top of batter.
Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Bread Machine Italian Bread

I don't have a recipe for you, but the key to getting lots of holes in your bread, like a ciabatta, is to keep the dough VERY wet and sticky... Not quite like a batter, but also not something you could easily "knead" (if you were doing it by hand, which I know you're not) because it would be so sticky...

Emily

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here