Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annova914

RECIPE: Berry Pancakes

annova914
15 years ago

Here's the recipe for those wonderful blueberry pancakes. We didn't care for the raspberry syrup but the pancakes were light and creamy. Next time I make them I'll use regular syrup and/or powdered sugar (my favorite).

Berry Pancakes

½ cup lukewarm water (105 to 115 degrees)

One (¼-oz) pkg active dry yeast

2 Tbsps plus 1 tsp sugar

2 cups flour

½ tsp salt

4 Tbsps unsalted butter

1-1/4 cups milk

2 large eggs at room temp

1 pint blueberries

Syrup:

1 cup pure maple syrup

1 cup raspberries, plus more for garnish

In a glass measuring cup, combine the warm water, yeast and 1 tsp sugar; let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, remaining 2 Tbsps sugar and the salt. In a medium bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Stir in the milk and microwave for 30 seconds more. Stir the milk mixture and the yeast mixture into the dry ingredients until almost smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temp until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.

Beat the eggs, then mix into the batter. In a small saucepan, warm the maple syrup over low heat. Add the raspberries and mash with a fork.

Heat a griddle or large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Spoon ¼ cupfuls of batter onto the griddle. Sprinkle a few blueberries onto each pancake and cook until bubbles appear on the surface, 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. Flip and cook until springy to the touch, about 30 seconds more. Repeat with remaining batter and blueberries. Serve with the raspberry syrup.

Source: Every Day with Rachael Ray June-July 2008

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH