Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Food Steamer Recipes for Meat

Posted by itsawrap (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 25, 10 at 19:38

I have an Oster food steamer which I love. It's great for all kinds of vegetables.

I was looking through the instruction booklet recently, and it tells how long to cook meat, such as hamburg, pork, chicken, and lamb but no recipes are included.

I looked online and can't find much other than steamed hamburgers.

Has anyone used their steamer for meat and did you find any recipes?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Food Steamer Recipes for Meat

Steamed meat is not really a good thing...unless you are looking to cook meat to include in another recipe. But there are other ways to cook the meat if that is the case.
Linda C

o

Very true Linda, steamed meat may not be a good thing. LOL. But since I like using my steamer so much, I would like to give it a try.

I did do salmon fillets and I was able to find a corned beef and cabbage recipe for the steamer.

Still looking for chicken and beef, etc.

o

Here's one for easy steamed chicken.

Here is a link that might be useful: steamed chicken

o

Thanks Joann !!!

o

in asian cooking steaming is used quite a bit in cooking,that's if you like chinese food ie. steamed chicken, spareribs, fish but i don't recall any beef. there's a dish called lions head which uses ground pork.

o

Linda!!!! And you live in the Loosemeat Capitol of the world! I would think a steamed burger loosemeat sandwich would be excellent. Crumble the raw meat, steam until brown, add seasonings and make the sandwich,

Loosemeat Sandwiches
Ingredients:
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups water
1 onion, chopped
24 slices dill pickle slices
4 ounces prepared mustard
8 hamburger buns

Directions:
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until brown. Drain. Return to pan with salt, pepper, and water to cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until water is gone, 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Serve meat on buns topped with chopped onion, dill pickle slices and mustard

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here