Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Great party dip recipe

Posted by aka_margo (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 08 at 19:25

It's time for bunco at my house again, and I'm looking for a good dip to serve. I would prefer it to be cold, since it's summer and I'll be serving wraps for dinner and what we call better than sex (brownies, mousse, whip cream, and toffee bits) for dessert.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Great party dip recipe

What do you want to dip into this "dip"? I could give you a recipe for a sour cream marshmallow cinnamon vanilla dip....but don;'t think that would be good with cauliflower!
Linda C

o

HUMMUS (about 3 cups)
2 cups cooked or canned chick-peas, drained
2/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, peeled
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
Parsley leaves (Italian)

Place the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt & pepper in a food processor & blend until smooth. Stir in the green onions. Pile into a small bowl & garnish with the parsley leaves. Serve with pita bread or rice crackers. You can add minced red bell pepper to this also.~~

GREEK FETA DIP (about 3 cups)
1 lb feta, crumbled
6 TBL olive oil, divided
1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled & chopped
2 hot peppers, seeded & chopped
1 TBL chopped fresh oregano (Greek, if you can get it)
3 pickled pepperoncini, seeded 7 chopped
Pepper to taste
3 TBL fresh lemon juice
Crackers or toasted pita triangles

In the work bowl of a food processor with the steel blade, combine chese & 2 TBL olive oil. Mix until smooth. Add bell pepper, hot peppers, oregano, pepperoncini & pepper. Process until well combined. Add remaining 4 TBL olive oil & lemon juice. Continue procesing until creamy. Serve w/crackers or pita triangles.~~Fare to Remember

WEST INDIES SALAD (serves 4)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 lb fresh lump crabmeat (I used frozen, drained)
Salt & pepper to taste
4 oz vegetable oil
3 oz cider vinegar
4 oz ice water
Spread 1/2 the onion over the bottom of a large bowl. Cover with separated crab lumps & then remaining onion. Season with salt & pepper. Pour oil, vinegar & ice water over all. Cover & marinate in the refrigerator for 2-12 hours. Toss lightly before serving. Serve on ripe tomato slices or with crackers as an appetizer~~

CUCUMBER DIP
8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
2 TBL mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated cucumber
Dash EACH of salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce & garlic powder

In a bowl, mix together all ingredients. Mix well. Place in sealed container & refrigerate. Serve with crackers or chips.~~Kitchen Miracles

o

Black Bean and Corn Dip
1 yellow pepper diced
1 orange pepper diced
1 bunch green onions sliced
1 bunch cilantro chopped fine
1 pint grape tomatoes diced
1 bag frozen corn
2 cans black beans---rinsed well
Tostidas or pita bread for dipping

Dressing
1/2 cup safflower oil
1/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
Cayenne pepper to taste
Whisk together and pour over veggies and mix well.

I squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top too.

This tastes better the longer it sits so it's best to make it the day before. It can be used as a side dish or served over grilled chicken breast or fish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here