Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Feeding 75 lunch

Posted by east_texas_melody (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 13, 11 at 16:54

I am looking for an ideas for feeding 75 lunch people without breaking the bank. Anything from a single recipe or an entire menu would thrill me!!!! Nothing fancy just a good meal to socialize and get to know one another.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Feeding 75 lunch

I regularly make meals at church for after a funeral or before a meeting and can easily feed people for $1 each without dessert.
Some meals I have done are chicken pasta and vegetable casserole with a creamy cheese sauce, green salad and bread....or lasagna, green salad and garlic bread, or chicken salad, fruit and bread, ham sandwiches and chicken salad sandwiches with a veggie pasta salad....all including coffee and tea....
Things to remember....all from scratch. No bottled salad dressing no bags of greens and no canned soups are allowed.
For the chicken salad, I buy white meat chicken when it's on sale, poach it, bone it and then boil the skin and bones for broth.
I buy a whole farmland ( deli ham( and have it sliced. 5 pounds costs about $8 and will make 50 small sandwiches.
I buy head lettuce, wash chill and break up and add a bag of spinach, some shredded carrot and shredded red cabbage. I make a home made olive oil dressing and people love it!
I make a cheese sauce, cook pasta and add broccoli, red pepper, sauteed onions, celery and some cooked chicken, place in a casserole in the oven until hot and slightly browned, serve with bread and tossed salad. I will cook a whole bone in ham and serve it with a baked pineapple casserole and corn bread.
Soup and bread will easily feed a mob for very little....but all must be home made....
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here