Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: marinated artichokes recipe

Posted by cateyanne (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 16:35

a friend of mine who owns a restaurant ordered jarred artichokes and got a shipment of marinated artichoke hearts instead. She doesn't need them and so was giving them away to friends and family. I love them so took a case of very large jars off her hands. There is too many to just eat willy nilly. I was wondering if there would be a recipe that would utilize these marinated artichokes and get them out of my pantry quickly. Maybe some kind of soup or other dish that could be frozen for consumption later in the winter?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: marinated artichokes recipe

I just copied this because I have some to use up also.

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2010/08/garlic-artichoke-dip/

Garlic Artichoke Dip

2 8-oz. packages cream cheese (light works great), softened
1 c. mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip or fat free mayonnaise - low fat ok)
1 c. (packed) shredded Parmesan cheese
(try to get a wedge and grate it yourself; the pre-shredded stuff in a bag doesn’t melt well)
12-oz. jar MARINATED artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
6-7 cloves garlic, minced

Preheat oven to 350 F..

Mix softened cream cheese with mayonnaise and Parmesan. Stir in chopped artichoke hearts and
minced garlic. Place in 9-inch pie plate (or divided evenly among smaller dishes) and bake 25-30 min.
or until lightly browned and bubbly on top. Serve hot with slices of bread and/or tortilla chips.

o

Thanks Iris gal,
that does sound good. do you know if it could be made ahead of time and frozen, to bake at a later time?

o

I used this recipe from Jkom for my daughter's baby shower. It's so easy, and so good. My daughter really liked it and wanted the recipe. When you mix the ingredients together, it doesn't look as though they would firm up to make something you could cut. But it really comes out perfectly. Very tasty!

ARTICHOKE NIBBLES

2 jars (about 6 oz. each) marinated artichoke hearts
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
4 large eggs
1/4 cup fine dried bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon each pepper, dried oregano, and liquid hot pepper seasoning
1 cup (about 4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons minced parsley

Drain marinade from 1 jar of artichokes into a small frying pan. Drain remaining jar; reserve marinade for other uses. Chop all artichokes; set aside. Over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in pan, stirring often, until onion is soft when pressed, about 5 minutes.

In a bowl, beat eggs to blend. Stir in crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano, hot pepper seasoning, cheese, parsley, artichokes, and onion mixture. Pour into a greased 7- by 11-inch baking pan.

Bake in a 325 degree oven until custard feels set when lightly touched, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan, then cut into 1-inch squares. Serve warm or at room temperature; or cover and refrigerate to serve cold.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here