Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Thanks, ltcollins1949

Posted by marlingardener (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 08 at 16:28

Thank you for posting the Cuban recipes link! I have a recipe for Cuban bread that I have used for years. However, I found another on your link and tried it today (made the starter yesterday). It's better! I'll try some of the other recipes, too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Thanks, ltcollins1949

You are welcome. I love Cuban recipes. Here is a recipe that I got some years ago. I don't even know where I got it.

Pulpeta (Cuban Meat Loaf)

3/4 lb. ground beef
1/4 lb. cooked ham (ground)
4 eggs
3 boiled eggs
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 3/4 cups cracker meal
20 olives w/ pimiento
2 tbsp olive oil

Mix the beef and ham together and add two beaten eggs, salt pepper, oregano, cumin, garlic and onion. Mix well, add enough cracker meal to make the meat hold its shape (3/4 a cup or so), and form the mixture into a large loaf.

Open the loaf by cutting it across. Place the three hard boiled eggs down the center and line the olives on both sides of them. Close the loaf tightly; roll the loaf in the other two beaten eggs and then the cracker meal three times until all the cracker meal has been used. In a large skillet, brown the loaf in the heated oil. Its suggested that you try to brown the ends of the loaf first.

After the loaf is browned, begin prepared the salsa (sauce). Pour the sauce over the loaf and simmer for about 45 minutes, turning it once or twice (or bake in an oven at 350 degrees). After the loaf is well done, remove from the heat and allow cooling before slicing.

To make the sauce for the meat loaf, combine:
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp ground bay leaves
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1/2 cup white wine
mix well

meat loaf serves 4-6

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here