Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joann_fla

LOOKING for: Great Chicken tenders

JoAnn_Fla
14 years ago

I need a T&T recipe for chicken tenders, anyway. I cook them almost everday and I'm running out of recipes. I'm tired of the ones I have. Can you help?

Comments (10)

• ann_t
    14 years ago

I love homemade chicken fingers, although, I can't imagine eating them every day.

They are easy to make and a large batch can be made and frozen. Freeze them on cookie sheets and when frozen place in freezer containers or freezer bags.

Breaded Chicken fingers/tenders are so much better seasoned with fresh garlic and breaded with fresh grated bread crumbs.

Home Cookin Chapter: Recipes From Thibeault's Table

Breaded Chicken Fingers
    =======================

Chicken fingers can be breaded, frozen on a cookie sheet and then placed in zip lock bags. No need to defrost before frying.

chicken breasts cut into fingers
    garlic (minced on microplane)
    flour seasoned with salt and pepper
    fresh bread crumbs
    parmesan cheese - fresh grated
    eggs

Rub chicken with minced garlic. Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.Dip chicken into seasoned flour then into beaten eggs. Dip into bread crumbs.

Heat oil to 350°F and fry chicken fingers. Just do a few at a time. Drain on paper towels and keep warm in a low oven while frying remaining chicken.

• annova914
    14 years ago

Sesame Chicken and Snow Peas in Apricot Sauce

4 tsps sesame oil
    1 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
    1-1/2 lbs chicken cut in strips
    1 Tbsp sesame seeds
    2/3 cup sliced dried apricots
    1 cup water
    1 cup apricot preserves
    2 Tbsps reduced sodium soy sauce
    2 Tbsps Dijon mustard
    1 tsp grated fresh ginger
    ½ lb Snow Peas, ends trimmed

In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add chicken strips and saute until browned and no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes or more.

Add sesame seeds and saute, stirring frequently until browned. Add sliced apricots, water, apricot preserves, soy sauce, mustard and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add snow peas (shortly before serving) and simmer until tender crisp, about 5 minutes more.

Divide among 4 plates and serve.

Adapted from "Cooking for Healthy Living"

I like to serve this over vermicelli. I also like to make the chicken sauce mixture a day ahead to give the chicken more flavor. altho' I don't use chicken tenders, I thought you might be interested in this recipe since I cut the chicken into strips. Ann

• jessicavanderhoff
    14 years ago

I like them breaded in cornstarch and deep fried. The crunch factor is awesome. If I'm in a hurry, I'll just add dry spices to the cornstarch and dredge them (my favorite is garlic powder, salt, and red pepper flakes) More time, I dip them in yogurt or cream before breading them, and maybe smother them in buffalo wing sauce.

• ann_t
    14 years ago

Jessica, do you just dip them in the cornstarch? No egg dip , etc.. I'd be willing to try that.

Ann

• jessyf
    14 years ago

Ann, you might like Chicken Karaage. DS #2 inhales that - I marinate boneless chicken or tenders in three parts soy sauce, one part sake (rice wine, sherry) and a dollop of grated ginger to taste. Dredge in corn starch, fry away. Jessica is right, the crunch factor is amazing!

• ann_t
    14 years ago

Jessica, I don't think so. After trying the cornstarch last night I'll stick to either my favourite fresh bread crumbs or flour. Neither of us cared for the corn starch coating. In fact I switched after the first three to flour.

Ann

• jessicavanderhoff
    14 years ago

Did you bake or fry?

• ann_t
    14 years ago

I always fry.

Ann

• jessyf
    14 years ago

Dang Ann, thought we got a new one for you, LOL. Jessica, come on over, we'll crunch away.

• jessicavanderhoff
    14 years ago

As long as you salted and seasoned the cornstarch, I don't know what went wrong! I haven't tried breadcrumbs (although I made some homemade ones the other day, and might have to give it a shot) but I think cornstarch is much better than flour.

Sounds good Jessy! Maybe Ann will send us over some double fried fries for the occasion.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor