Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Woodie

Posted by roselin32 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 07 at 16:02

Just got my new Land 'o Lakes magazine and thought of you when I saw this recipe:
Glazed Cardamom Coffee Cake
Filling:
1/3c firmly packed brown sugar
1/3c chopped walnuts
1 tsp ground cardamom
Coffee Cake:
2 1/2c all purpose flour
3/4 c sugar
3/4c LOL Sour Cream
1/2 c milk
1/4c LOL softened butter
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
Glaze:
3/4c powdered sugar
1/4 tsp lemon extract
1-2T milk
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all filling ingredients and set aside.
Combine all coffee cake ingredients in a large bowl. Beat at low speed until well blended.
Spoon half of the batter into a greased and floured 12 c Bundt pan or 10" angel food pan.
Sprinkle filling ingredients over batter and spoon remaining batter over filling. Bake 40-45 minutes our til tests done. Cool 15 minutes and remove from pan.
Combine glaze ingredients to make glazing consistency and drizzle over cooled cake.
Serves:16.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Woodie

Oh, boy I bet that's good.

o

Thanks so much, RL, for remembering that we are cardamom lovers. Ken is standing right here at my kitchen table and he thanks you too!

I'm sure he'd be happy if I'd make this for him tomorrow morning, but we're at the cottage and have little or no good staples up here - I think he'll have to wait until next week when we're home in a real kitchen.

o

I like cardamom also, sure sounds good. Thanks for posting RL. Think it would work if I used 2 loaf pans?

Nancy

o

Woodie, you are welcome and I'll look forward to a critique by Ken!
Nancy, I make all of my recipes that call for a bundt or angel food cake in two loaf pans since there are only two of us here at home and they work just fine.

o

Roselin, how do you get a Land O lakes mag? I used to get some recoipe booklets years ago, and I still have them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here