Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: cake recipe

Posted by nanacherie (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 07 at 15:57

I can't find my recipe for I think it was called a fruit cocktail cake but the unique thing about it was the glaze you pour over it after poking holes in it.
the glaze had sour cream in it and you cooked it on the stove, I think it also had baking soda in he glaze..
Does anyone have anything like it?
TIA.
Cherie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: cake recipe

Here's one that kinda sounds close:

Fruit Cocktail Cake recipe
Posted by ginnyo at recipegoldmine.com 6/30/01 3:10:28 pm

Cake Batter:
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 can fruit cocktail with heavy syrup, undrained
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup packed brown sugar

Frosting:
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, eggs and the entire can of fruit cocktail including the syrup. Mix until just moistened. You still may have some lumps in it, but don't over-mix. Spread into a greased floured 9 x 12 x 2-inch pan. Mix nuts, coconut and brown sugar. Sprinkle over cake. Bake for 40-45 minutes.

Just before the cake is done baking, make the frosting. Mix sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and add vanilla extract.

When the cake is removed from the overn, pour the boiling frosting liquid over the hot cake.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here